Signature Integration Engineer
Job ID: 478513BR
Date posted: Apr. 15, 2019
City: Fort Worth
Description:Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company and its research and development line-of-business, The Skunk Works, seeks an experienced and industry-recognized expert to join the Advanced Aircraft Infrared Low Observables Team (Signature Management & Survivability). Specifically, we seek to identify a candidate with significant expertise in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Aircraft stealth signature reduction and low observables (LO) phenomenology
- Infrared (IR), Visual, Acoustic, and/or radar cross section (RCS) susceptibility
- Electromagnetics (EM), computational electromagnetics (CEM), IR metamaterial design, solid-state physics, photonics, and/or optics
- Experience with other LO-related disciplines
- LO project/program management
The candidate must ultimately qualify for a required Top Secret clearance. Candidate must be a US Citizen as this position is located at a facility that requires special access.
The candidate will be working in a high-paced environment responsible for infrared susceptibility and low observable technology maturation lifecycle from initial concept, internal research and development (IRAD) project execution, modeling and simulation, prototype build and test, external customer communication and marketing, proposal and contract capture, contract research and development (CRAD) leadership, and transition to production fleet. The candidate will work independently and in small teams and participate in Government forums and internal Skunk Works program reviews as an industry-recognized LO signature advisor.
Typical responsibilities may include:
- Lead multidisciplinary teams in completion of CR&D programs
- Serve as chief engineer for integration of LO technologies onto air vehicles
- Oversee laboratory measurements of material coupons to determine physical, optical, electrical, and/or environmental properties.
- Responsible for the design, prototyping, and test of advanced infrared LO materials, coatings, treatments, and hardware components.
- Responsible for planning, performing, post-processing, and communicating the results of laboratory, field, flight, and vehicle signature measurements.
- Responsible for inventing and developing new novel approaches to solve difficult problems
The position requires strong communication skills. A demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and in writing is required as evidenced by prior final reports and technical briefings to large (possibly adversarial) groups. An ability to explain complex technical concepts in a readily comprehensible manner is an advantage. The candidate should have experience in customer/client interaction and preparing successful technical proposals. This will include the ability to perceive customer needs, develop a compelling technical approach to meeting those needs, clearly and concisely describe a plan for implementing the technical approach, and provide reasonable cost/schedule estimates for the work required. The candidate will be expected to develop and execute R&D plans to meet needs defined by management or by the customer. The candidate will typically work without technical direction, but he/she may be called upon to provide technical direction for others. The candidate will participate in and ultimately lead multidisciplinary design teams to solve challenging aircraft survivability problems in the low observables, signature reduction, and LO realm.
The following are absolutely required for those that apply:
- Ability to Obtain DoD Top Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree or above in one of the following fields: Engineering, Physics, or Optics
- Program management experience
The following attributes are desired/preferred but not required for consideration:
- Active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance
- Master’s degree or above in one of the following fields: Engineering, Physics, or Optics
- Recognized experience in low observables (LO), survivability, or susceptibility
- Experience in infrared (IR) signature, IR cameras/sensors, radar cross section (RCS), or radio-frequency (RF) antenna design
- Experience with LO integration / multi-discipline air vehicle systems design
- Cultivation, pursuit, capture, project or program management, and execution of signature technology IRAD & CRAD projects
- CAD software experience for lofting and/or meshing
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Yes
Career Area: Electrical Engineering
Clearance Level: Top Secret with an investigation within 5 years
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day