The IT Service Readiness Coordinator will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) responsible for conducting, coordinating and verifying project control gate milestones activities through the IT Service Management lifecycle. The candidate is responsible for coordinating the process of assessing document and test artifacts against pre-determined IT service Verification and Validation entrance and exit criteria against our IT Service Readiness Framework.
- Create, maintain, and modify Readiness Plans based on project complexity
- Review compliance to Readiness Plans for each project, document, issues coordinate and track actions to resolve Readiness issues.
- Create, maintain and improve readiness procedures
- Work collaboratively with development/engineering teams and project managers, prepare entrance and exit criteria, and deliver all readiness artifacts for control gate review
- Guide/conduct and support readiness review events
- Document action items, Review Item Discrepancies (RIDs) and liens and track these through closure
- Provide and assist the project team with predefined Readiness event models and artifacts based on the complexity of the project
- Participate in special projects as required.
BA/BS degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5+ years of related experience.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid project organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task.
- Excellent communication including written, verbal, and listening skills.
- Experience working with Service provisioning, systems, processes, or contract requirements.
- ITIL v3 or 2011 Foundation Certification
- Experience with ServiceNow.
- Experience communicating with US Government and Senior Management
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Professional Development Assistance – Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement – toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
General Dynamics Information Technology solves our customers’ challenges through future-focused technology and services, ingenuity and deep mission-knowledge. Partnering with government, defense, the intelligence community, industry leaders and cutting-edge technology companies, we deliver solutions that make a difference – helping our customers to advance mission performance, transform operations and discover opportunities to build a better future.
General Dynamics Information Technology, or GDIT, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.