Are you interested in solving real-world problems? Are you interested in playing a significant role in our nation’s security? Do you enjoy working in a culture that emphasizes innovation, teamwork, and technical excellence in a collegial work environment that values creativity and initiative? If so, we'd like to hear from you.
Who we are
For more than 70 years, scientists and engineers in diverse disciplines at Raytheon BBN Technologies have collaborated to solve real-world problems through research, exploration, development and prototyping. We partner with the best technical talent in academia and industry to challenge the status quo, pioneer new technologies, and create transformative solutions.
We are seeking an Advanced Systems Principle Investigator to join our Physical Sciences and Systems group in Middletown, RI. If you are someone who is energized by new technologies, technical leadership, and customer engagement Raytheon BBN Technologies is the place for you.
What you will do
• Write proposals, execute contracts, establish good relationships with customers, and win follow-on work
• Explore technical possibilities collaboratively and boldly
• Deliver practical solutions that demonstrate innovations of the future
• Be primary point-of-contact for technical customer interactions
• Shape design of systems; and drive execution
• Understand issues the customer is facing and offer solutions to mitigate them
What you will gain
• You will lead a large system effort, with direct customer responsibility.
• Experience working on cutting-edge research, prototype, development and transition
• Work with world class researchers and engineers that embrace innovation and challenge the status quo
• Lead early in your career and establish a reputation in your fields of expertise
• Empower those with passion and entrepreneurial drive by valuing curiosity and adaptability
What you need
• A background in control theory, signal processing, or software engineering.
• Ability to understand and report technical status across multiple domains (hardware, software, modeling, test, QA)
• Experience with requirement management systems, test tracking, vendor coordination, and results tracking
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Detail oriented, and able to understand details, interactions, and tradeoffs for complex systems
• Technical degree in relevant field of expertise; and 5-15 years of relevant experience
• Existing DoD Secret Clearance or higher
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME
• Experience in electronics design, software development, obsolescence management, and system design
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our clients. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, Come Join Our Team! We offer outstanding benefits that include flexible work schedules, a 5% 401k company match, a 5% Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, an onsite gym (in Cambridge),paid parental leave, paid time off, and all kinds of employee discounts.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.