***U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment***
The Systems Engineering, Integration & Test (SEIT) Electronic Warfare (EW) Electronic Attack (EA) Systems Department is seeking a Principal Investigator to direct our Airborne Information Operations (AIO) Independent Research & Development (IR&D) efforts. IR&D activities consist of Research, Development, and/or Systems and Other Concept Formulation Studies (SOCS), when such activities are not required by a specific requirement of an existing contract, grant, or cooperative agreement. Such activities are characterized by the expectation of a resulting long-term benefit to Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) and/or Raytheon, and are undertaken as part of a strategic Technology Plan. The ideal candidate should be a technically sound leader, committed to innovative, cost-effective solutions for EW AIO systems and products.
The EW AIO Principal Investigator will work closely with three Product Line Directors and program managers, and be responsible for the overall IR&D technical integrity and execution across the EW AIO Product Lines:
- RF Exploitation Solutions
- Multi-Domain Battle Management
- Electronic Support Solutions
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to explore their own research agendas, organize and direct teams of bright scientists and engineers. We're looking for creative, entrepreneurial, and a highly motivated research engineer with the potential to define and lead the growth of new research areas, which includes seeking and interacting with customers and potential customers, obtaining funding for projects, and organizing and leading project teams. Our key requirements are creativity, a strong entrepreneurial streak, and the potential to create and grow cutting-edge research projects. The potential to interact with potential customers, write excellent, winning proposals, and successfully execute cutting-edge IR&D projects are essential for this position.Required Skills
- Minimum of 10 years engineering experience with EW/Cyber/Communications System development
- Demonstrated ability to shape and lead research efforts in forward leaning technology areas.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers and decision-makers.
- Experience in business capture/proposals
- Demonstrated engagement of customers to understand missions, systems and trends while attracting new customers to EW Airborne Information Operations (AIO).
- Demonstrated knowledge of AIO customer operations and the competitive landscape to anticipate future needs while applying emerging and disruptive technologies to craft new viable solutions.
- Experience conceiving new solutions, secure investment funding, prototype those new solutions, demonstrates those capabilities within customer systems and secure new awards to further product maturity.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a fast-paced development environment with varying program priorities
- Experience in risk and opportunity analysis, tracking and mitigation
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Active DoD Secret Security clearance
- Experience with EW/Cyber/Communications system performance model development and analysis
- Experience in digital signal processing, multitude of operating systems, programming languages, machine learning and artificial learning applied to EW and cyber, reverse engineering and modern reactive architecture
- Knowledge of EW and Cyber system test methodology, requirements and methods
- Experience working with requirements management using DOORS
- Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) or Program Management experience
- Demonstrated driving change to achieve execution excellence and solve critical issues
- Demonstrated effective program application of Agile principles
- Earned Value Management System certification
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Systems Engineering from an ABET approved college or university.Desired Education:
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Systems Engineering from an ABET approved college or university.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.