Provide Hardware Configuration Management (CM) support for the Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) business area in El Segundo, California. Perform all aspects of Configuration Management activities including the development of Configuration Management planning documentation; establishment and coordination of Configuration/Change Control Boards (CCBs) for hardware; managing engineering drawings, specification and software (Firmware), including engineering change documentation, requests for variances and other design documentation; maintaining configuration control of Technical Data Package (TDP); maintaining data within the Common Product Data Management (PDM), status accounting systems; maintaining configuration status accounting documentation; and supporting customer reviews and audits.
Tasks also include working with Program Office, Chief Engineering, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Software Engineering, Operations, Quality, other CDMs and external customer.
- 4+ years of related experience
- Fluent knowledge principles, standards and processes, such as described in EIA-649, Configuration Management Standard.
- Prepare Configuration Management planning documentation
- Experienced in interpreting a Contract, and SOW and writing flow down CM requirements in CMOP and SSOW
- Lead tailoring HW CM processes to program requirements
- Coordinate/Lead/Board Meeting with Engineering Review Board (ERB)Configuration/Change Control Boards (CCBs)
- Independent CM management of the design, development and maintenance of hardware technical data Interpret engineering drawing practices and apply them to work products under formal control
- Creation and Maintenance of baselines including the functional and physical baselines
- Maintain configuration status accounting documentation
- Support customer reviews and audits
- Skilled in providing guidance to program engineers on the application of the Project Drafting Specification to the program's drawings
- Capable of creating, maintaining and analyzing product structure, correcting errors within CSA data based
- Experience with generating Metrics and Reports through an CSA tool
- Represent HWCM function in Independent Reviews
- Supporting customer meetings and presentations
- Able to develop proposal estimates and apply EAC tools and processes
- Ability to Obtain DoD Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Working knowledge of Raytheon’s Engineering Management System (EMS), Program Gating Process, and CM/DM Processes
- Working knowledge of Program Management Best Practices
- Working knowledge of Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI)
- Can work in a team-based environment consisting of organizational and outside customer contacts to meet project goals.
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work well with all organizational levels
- Strong people and change agent skills
Bachelor’s Degree NOTE: In lieu of Bachelor's degree, candidate may also possess an Associate's degree with 8 years' related experience OR High school Diploma with 12 years' of related experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.