This analyst will prepare and verify reports that routinely are presented to the Chief of Staff of the Army. This position requires a highly qualified and skilled person, with excellent technical qualifications who is experienced at communicating and portraying complex data from multiple sources at the operational and strategic level. This person will routinely interact with the Senior Staff at the USAPDA and the contractor designated to support the electronic Physical Evaluation Board (ePEB) application.
Specific duties are listed below:
- Develops reports for the system of record.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Oracle, and SQL to develop the required reports from the database and associated external sources (VTA data extract, eMEB, DFAS, TRANSPROC, AWCTS, etc.).
- Prepare / develop all required reports including ad hoc, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as well as user reports.
- Required to have a working knowledge of relational data structures, data warehouses, data modeling, and data stores.
- Constructs recurring, ad hoc, and canned reports in SAP Business Objects for various internal and external entities.
writes documentation of the SAP Business Objects Reports structure and
development, and maintains the report and request library.
- Consults with USAPDA and MEDCOM staff as to clarify the programs intent and validity, and will identify and present the management dashboard.
- Required to maintain access to the HQDA system.
- Translate business requirements to technical specifications in terms of BO universe and report design.
- Provides analysis of application data to identify trends and ensure data accuracy and currency.
- Maintains a written record of data requests and queries for future use.
- Maintains and transfers the electronic archives to the new application.
- Develops the necessary programs to reconcile the DFAS reports with the TDRL personnel in ePEB.
- Translates data provided into graphic representation for briefings at Agency and Department of the Army level (converts reports into PowerPoint presentations that clearly convey history, trends, and results of analysis to senior leaders and decision makers).
- Creates reports from legacy systems data using Microsoft Access.
- Maintains the data log, suspense, and queries.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 5+ years’ experience in Business Intelligence (BI) or Data Warehouses.4 additional years’ related experience to be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
- Solid experience in Oracle and SQL
- Knowledge of the SAP Business Objects
- Minimum of a Secret Interim clearance to start (Day 1 requirement).
- CompTIA Security+ certification required to start (Day 1 requirement).
- Adept at using Access, Excel, Power Point.
- General Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence knowledge including Dimensional Data Modeling, and KPI’s preferably in SAP Business Objects environment.
- Hands-on experience with
- Strong background in data modeling