Raytheon is a premier engineering company which provides technical solutions in software development and systems engineering that address security challenges and strengthen our customers. Raytheon hires industry-leading professionals, and we treat them like industry-leading professionals. We bring exceptional talent to an array of missions that includes computer network operations, vulnerabilities, characterization, information assurance, and emerging technologies to expand cybersecurity solutions. Raytheon engineers are developing advanced analytics helping transform analysis by making sense of the massive amounts of data that must be processed at break neck speed. Our Knowledge Management expertise includes utilizing semantic web technologies, storage, indexing, retrieval of structured/unstructured data, and social network analysis to extract and build graphic representations
The Software Engineer II shall have Fourteen (14) years experience as a Software Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline from an accredited college or university. Four (4) years of additional Software Engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
The Software Engineer II shall possess the following capabilities:
· Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
· Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
· Debug existing software and correct defects
· Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
· Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
· Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
· Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
· Write or review software and system documentation
· Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
· Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
· Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
· Confer with System Engineers and Hardware Engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
· Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and TS/SCI with current polygraph required.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.