Join SAIC's team to support a federal organization responsible for providing and delivering Information Technology (IT) health care services including the Defense Health Agency (DHA) and the United States Coast Guard (USCG).
With 55 full-service hospitals and more than 370 clinics, this is one of the largest health systems operating more hospitals than any nonprofit hospital system nationally. This support encompasses information technology infrastructure, systems, and technologies required to support the delivery and execution of the medical mission. The work will be located in the Charleston SC area, and is contingent upon contract award.
The Project Manager shall provide Project Management (PM) services for planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful execution of program goals and objectives. The primary objective is to achieve program goals and objectives while adhering to program constraints (scope, quality, schedule and cost). Manage risk, customer relationships, and program staffing. Ensure compliance with quality standards and escalate challenges to SAIC leadership. Support business development and program staff management. The Project Management plan shall ensure that the groundwork for the successful completion of all tasks is established. The SAIC Program Manager shall be responsible for periodically evaluating task performance and ensuring contracted services are performed in accordance with the terms.
The SAIC Program Manager shall evaluate service performance through inspection of deliverables and evaluation of customer satisfaction surveys. The Government may inspect each task as completed or increase the number of inspections if deemed necessary. Coordination of meetings, preparing budget drills, developing agenda items, attending high-level meetings, generating minutes, and tracking actions items may be required.
The Project Manager shall apply information technology standards, principles, and techniques of project management to monitor, control, and direct completion of all requirements, from receipt and initiation through planning, scheduling, execution, monitoring, transition, and closure. The Project Manager shall provide technical project management support that will mitigate the risks to successful program execution including employment and objective evidence of Lean Six Sigma, Risk Management, and System Engineering methodologies; and System and Software Engineering best practices. Supervise team activities required to complete projects reliably, on schedule, and within budget during the planning, design, engineering, test and evaluation, deployment, and transition phases of project life cycles.
REQUIRED EDUCATION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor of Sciences degree from an accredited institution in business studies, engineering, physics, computer science, information security or other technically oriented curricula.
• Six (6) to eight (8) years of technical experience related to enterprise systems/computer systems or similar systems.
• Three (3) to five (5) years demonstrated ability to supervise, plan and lead technical/engineering teams in multiple, complex task assignments involving diverse engineering disciplines and includes written and oral communications commensurate with management role.
•A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years' experience managing cost, schedule, performance, and risk.
• A minimum of five (5) years directly supporting defense health programs.
• Ability to obtain and keep a SECRET Clearance.
• Hours outside the standard work week may be required in the course of this project execution.
• IAT Level 2 Baseline Certification, which includess one of the following (or higher):
o CCNA Security (Cisco Certified Network Administrator)
o CySA+ ** (CompTIA certification formerly listed as CompTIA CSA+)
o GICSP (SANS Institute)
o GSEC (SANS Institute)
o CompTia Security+ CE
o SSCP (ISC)2 or CISSP certification
• One Operating System certification in Microsoft, Vmware, Citrix, Commvalut, Dell or NetApp.
• One Training Certification in Windows, SQL, Cisco, Adobe, Java etc.
If the candidate already has a current IAT level 3 status; that will qualify for IAT level 2.
CITIZENSHIP AND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
US Citizenship and Active Secret Clearance