The Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) is an engineering organization that focuses on product productibility and mission assurance. It is a vital link in the integrated product development process that allows Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems to introduce reliable new products faster, better, and more economically. The Protected COMMS Systems Hardware Department leads the electrical hardware design, development and production of DoD and Government Communications Systems.
The Analog, Digital and Control’s Section, located in Marlborough, MA is currently seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer specializing in Digital Design. The Digital Design Engineer will provide digital design and architecture support to the Protected Communications Systems Product Line primarily for Satellite Communication Products. The digital design support encompasses the design, development, evaluation, and test of digital circuit card assemblies, subsystems and associated system level support.
- A minimum of 8 years applicable experience in digital circuit design and analysis.
- Experience with schematic capture and board layout tools (Mentor Graphics)
- Understanding of board level design and ability to debug board level hardware
- Working knowledge of embedded processors
- Proficient in use of lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
- Strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in digital board layout and experience with PWB manufacturing
- Experience writing test procedures, conducting tests, and be proficient operating lab test equipment
- Experience with EE design tools: Keysight ADS, Mentor Graphics’ Design Suite
- Effective communication skills, both oral and writing as well as thorough knowledge of all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- PWB Signal Integrity Analysis
- Experience in the development and design of electronic circuit designs, multi-assembly system/unit design, processor designs a plus
- Proven ability to take a design concept from the block diagram or requirements level and develop a complete hardware design, and verifying via test and integration
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Clearance required within 1st year AND role requires access to US only data
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- 5+ years’ experience in Task Management or other Lead role on Large Development jobs.
- Experience as an IPT or CPT Lead
- EVMS Certified and professional exposure to EVMS or similar budget tracking system
- Analog & FPGA circuit card design experience
- Existing security clearance
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Master’s degree is preferred.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.