What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
This position will be located in Fullerton, CA and will be responsible for the financial leadership of the Command & Control (C2) organization which is a part of the Mission Systems and Sensors (MSS) IBT within Integrated Defense Systems. As the finance lead for this organization, the successful candidate will be responsible for the financial leadership and execution of the C2 business including Program Cost and Schedule Control, Financial Planning and Analysis and Earned Value Implementation. Beyond the typical finance lead responsibilities, this position is responsible for a number of international joint ventures.
This position reports to the CFO of MSS. The position routinely briefs all levels of leadership within IDS on the business financial performance and provides strategic business partner support to the C2 leadership. The position supports significant international and domestic proposal development and program execution activities. This position will be responsible for the management of ~20 employees, including 5 direct reports. The employee will be responsible for influencing the performance of employees who support the product lines via a matrixed environment.
The individual must be a leader who is accountable for achieving program and financial performance. The position requires a strong knowledge of the proposal development processes and deliverables, experience with dealing with the complexities of international programs and entities, as well as with the start-up and execution of new programs. The selected individual must be able to work in a highly dynamic, fast paced environment and will be counted on to provide proactive, strategic input to program managers, as well as functional and executive leadership. This position will be routinely engaged in discussions with senior leaders across the business unit, as well with leaders at the IDS and RTN levels.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.Basic/Required Qualifications:
- Fiduciary Responsibility: Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of all financial records for the development of proposals and awarded programs
- People Development: Proven ability to manage, motivate and develop employees.
- Robust Matrix: Integral link between the Program Management, Engineering, Supply Chain & Ops to help capture new business, drive revenue growth and operating profit.
- Leadership and support of significant proposal activities
- Performance/process re-engineering to meet short & long term business unit objectives.
- Develops, implements and administers financial programs, procedures and systems in multiple financial/accounting disciplines designed to ensure proactive financial analyses, accurate reporting and internal control.
- Earned Value: Provide proactive analysis to support/identify opportunities for increased operational efficiencies through strong earned value management. Advocate for earned management processes across the business.
- Interfaces and assists with outside and internal auditors as required
- Willing to travel in support of proposal development / capture, employee development processes and program reviews
- Minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience
- University Degree
- Financial Planning & Analysis experience in a Defense or Aerospace industry
- 2+ years management experience
- Financial leadership experience or related experience
- Experience in financial management of defense programs
- Earned Value experience
- Knowledge of DoD and International Contracting
- Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Direct Commercial Sales (DCS) Programs experience
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically, about 10-20% of the time
- Active Secret Security clearance (DoD), or ability to obtain within a year of service
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Master’s Degree
- Ability to present complex financial data to senior leadership in a clear, concise manner
- Experience in financial tools such as SAP, Business Warehouse, and RPLAN
- Ideal candidate will be a seasoned finance professions with experience creating strategic financial projections and high level actionable analysis.
- Experience with budget management (capital, overhead, NBI)
- Ability to lead and influence complex teams
- Ability to influence cross-functionally to achieve results
- Strategic thinker who has ability to create and execute
- Experience interfacing and conducting business with a various functional disciplines (Business Development, Contracts, Operations, Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain Management, Program Management, etc.)
- Knowledge of business and program execution tenants (e.g. EAC, EVMS, IPDS, etc.)
- Ability to drive financial metrics (bookings, sales, op profit, net cash, working capital, ROIC, sales forecasting) and execute multiple programs
- Existing Secret Security Clearance (DoD)
- Experience in competitive capture, including Price to Win, Color Team reviews, Cost Reasonableness section development, and writing BOEs
Raytheon: “Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive OfficerThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.