Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) is seeking Senior Cisco Network Engineers with Microsoft Azure Cloud or similar cloud experience to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
- In a Microsoft Azure cloud environment, plans, evaluates, coordinates, tests, installs and successfully implements new and existing hardware and software across physical media, protocol stacks, switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection devices, and other network components
- Deploys and configures Cisco CSRs (Cloud Service Routers) within cloud instances
- Performs problem isolation and resolution of network problems through troubleshooting and devising effective solutions
- Installs patches and maintains accurate records of network changes and patch/update levels
- Performs network management functions such as network monitoring, maintenance, IA, performance measurement and reporting
- Performs updates to network devices including firewalls, NIDS, switches, routers and crypto devices
- Maintains technical expertise in all relevant areas of Cisco networks including hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Proposes solutions to management that meet communication requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings
- Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions, network policies, and procedures
- Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems
- May need to coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active Top Secret (TS) clearance. Must be able to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 6+ years of directly relevant experience with Cisco network products
- 2+ years of direct, hands-on experience deploying and configuring Cisco CSRs within a cloud instance
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure cloud technologies or similar cloud technologies
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow, traffic and packet analysis
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with tools used for security analysis (e.g., tcpdump, Wireshark, snort, ngrep, nmap, strings, hexdump, md5sum, systools)
- Experience with Security Event Incident Management, Log Correlation and Network Behavior Anomaly detection systems (ArcSight, QRadar , Splunk, Mazu, Arbor, etc)
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with IDS systems (e.g., SNORT, SourceFire, Proventia, BroIDS)
- Demonstrated experience with one of more of the following: BGP, IGRP, DNS, VVRP, resilient network design, VLAN's, VPN's, NetFlow, packet capture technologies
- Experience and/or familiarity with ACLs, IAVAs, and Certification & Accreditation (ICD 503/DCID 6/3) processes as they apply to network engineering lifecycles
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications
- Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations
- Hands-on Cisco FirePower experience
- Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques for networks
- Experience or familiarity with Agile development methodology
BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or similar certification
- DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I certification
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- IAT level II certification (e.g., Security+, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, GCIH, GSEC certifications)
- Agile software development methodology certification (e.g. Scrum Master)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.