The Software Developer will work under the leadership of the Software Development Environment (SDE) Lead who has overall responsibility to ensure the C2BMC software development and integration staff has the required tools and processes in place to develop and integrate the C2BMC system.
This position's responsibilities include:
- Support definition and then implement and maintain an integrated software development environment across the two C2BMC software development sites (Huntsville AL and Colorado Springs CO)
- Research new technology and tools to determine their applicability to the C2BMC environment. Successful candidate will have the ability to support trade studies by providing data to determine which technologies provide the most cost effective, lowest implementation risk while providing a high performance software development environment
- Once tools are selected, incorporate and integrate the selected tools into the SDE. This includes performing the required coordination with Configuration Management, Security, and Information Assurance representatives
- Document the configuration and use of the SDE and act as a trainer and mentor for the software developers using the toolset
- Perform periodic upgrades and maintenance on the toolset
- Work with Configuration Management and Program Operations to manage software licenses for the two development sites
- Experience in the full life-cycle software engineering practices and procedures applicable to large software systems
- Recent hands on application development experience and expertise in the use of the Java programming language
- Experience with software unit testing strategies, automated software builds, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience managing a code baseline, which supports multiple hardware and software baselines in the field utilizing a trunk, based development
- Experience with software development and CM tools such as Eclipse, Clear Case, Cruise Control, Hudson, Ant, Maven, Nexus, JUnit, Confluence, Spring, Collaborator, SonarQube, JIRA, Jenkins and Fortify
- Familiarity with Information Assurance (IA) implications and processes, which is critical to the selection of applicable products that meet the overall system sustainability.
- Experience evaluating different toolsets and providing recommendations for use
- Experience on both Windows and Linux platforms is required
- Familiarity with Software Configuration Management tools and procedures
- Awareness of emerging technologies and experience with the use and selection of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS)
- Working knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense concepts, Battle Management and Command and Control (BM/C2) systems, defense communications systems, and the BMDS in general is desired
- must possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment providing coordination of activities within the Development organization
- must be a self-starter who is able to initiate research and evaluate new software development tools, processes and procedures
- Must have minimum 6 years of prior technical experience within a similar field
Bachelor degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or related field from an accredited college.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.