General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Required skills/experience: Prior experience as a service desk / help desk technician. Familiarity with service delivery tools (e.g. Service Requests, Incidents)
Desired skills/experience: Basic IT troubleshooting, account provisioning, Active Directory, Outlook.
Desired certifications: ITIL Fundamentals
Service Desk Analyst General Description: The Service Desk Analyst is the first point of contact of Tier 1 support for the users who call the Service Desk.
* Service Desk Analyst escalates unresolved problem/issues/requests to the proper tier 2 and 3 support team.
* Troubleshooting basic end user issues on various software applications, hardware, network and provide basic desktop support.
* Work with small team of Service Desk Analysts to meet customer’s service level targets.
* Respond to questions from all emails and callers
* Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
* Become familiar with helpdesk policies and services and follow standard Service Desk operating procedures
* Accurately log all Service Desk tickets using the defined tracking software
* Follow-up and update customer status and information
* Professional phone presence and ability to interact with senior management
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.