Are you looking for an engineering career that is challenging and satisfying? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.The Infrastructure DevOps / Automation Engineer will develop Chef Automation products on Raytheon’s Navigation, Weather and Services (NWS) Programs. These teams design and develop Chef recipes and cookbooks that deploy and configure operating systems, COTS products, and related software systematically building up our complex applications from bare metal servers.
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
The team will develop a comprehensive, systemic automation deployment scheme, involving multiple physical environments; AWS or related Cloud based environments as development/test environments; IA/security compliance; and database deploys. The Infrastructure DevOps / Automation Engineer will need to be a strong Chef developer in order to develop Automation Scripts from requirements at the command line in support of the Program’s automation team needs.
US Citizenship is required due to the candidate needing to be able to acquire a US DOD Secret or higher Security Clearance.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide daily Chef Automation Development through Scripting to ensure all system technical requirements are addressed
- Update designs based on Discrepancy Reports (DRs) and Change Requests (CR), through effective collaboration with the Automation team staff
- Collaboration with the Infrastructure Automation team to ensure program deadlines and milestones are met
- Status reporting to leadership
- 4 - 6+ years of related work experience with a STEM degree
- Experience designing and writing scripts for automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, or Ansible to perform operating system builds; as well as software installation and configuration
- Experience in the development, and test of DevOps pipelines and related methodologies
- Experience in system development utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS), and/or related methodologies
- Knowledge and experience in scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby, or PowerShell
- Exceptional communication skills with extensive experience working with a wide range of leadership
- Knowledge and experience of COTS software installations
- Strong attention to detail with results-oriented mindset
- Experience and understanding of Jenkins
- Experience as a Linux System Administrator
- Experience as a Windows System Administrator
- Current US Government DoD Secret Security Clearance or higher
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) with emphasis in Computer Science or related field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.