This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon BBN Technologies (BBN) is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our dynamic team of engineers and scientists produces leading-edge solutions for a range of government customers in a technically challenging environment and values both individual initiative and collaboration. We are seeking a Senior Principal Signal Processing Engineer with underwater acoustics experience to join our Physical Sciences & Systems business unit located just outside Newport, Rhode Island. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, algorithm development, embedded and real-time implementation and optimization, modeling and simulation, and performance testing. The ideal candidate is comfortable learning new technologies and thrives working in a multi-disciplinary capacity.
BBN offers an exciting, fast paced, collaborative environment with the opportunity to contribute to cutting edge research. Career growth is encouraged through participation in leading research conferences, on-site training, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement. BBN offers benefits including a 401K matching plan, retirement contributions, competitive pay, and performance based bonuses.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Software engineering proficiency in C/C++ within a Linux environment
• Working knowledge of MATLAB for the purposes of algorithm development
• Real-time signal processing for detection, classification, localization, and tracking (DCLT)
• Experience working within a formal software development process.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Willingness to apply for and eligible to be granted US Government security clearance
The ideal candidate will also possess some or all of the following
• Current or recent DoD Secret clearance or higher
• Real-time software development experience in vxWorks or RedHawk
• Data science, regression analysis and machine learning techniques for data analysis
• Prior work analyzing system performance, and algorithm optimization
• Working knowledge of underwater acoustics
• Prior experience presenting technical results to customers
• Prior experience writing white papers and proposals to government customers
Required Education & Experience:
• BS degree in related engineering fields and 11 years of experience or MS and 9 years
• Those with additional years of experience and/or graduate educations are encouraged to apply
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.