The selected individual will work in accordance to planning sheets, blueprints, quality control specifications, oral and written instruction, and contractual requirements. Inspects for final acceptance, all types and series of electronic hardware to determine that rework, modification, and repairs conform to contractual/drawing requirements. Inspects and accepts electronic hardware referencing quality control standards, workmanship, and drawing specifications; by checking such items as parts, wires, solder joints, and terminals, using appropriate inspection devices. Inspects and rejects for tests or rework or otherwise approves hardware as acceptable. Prepares reports and maintains records as required. Meets necessary certifications as required. Performs incidental related duties as assigned or required. Person must have a proven track record performing quality assurance inspections with minimal oversight.
- 8 years experience
- The applicant must have excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Must be capable of communicating quality and engineering criteria/issues to all levels of factory personnel.
- Must be able to read and perform inspections using assembly instructions and engineering drawings. This will require an excellent understanding of engineering drawings (reading and interpreting).
- Must be able to perform configuration verification of all levels of assemblies/hardware.
- Must be proficient in the use of all configuration tools such as cPDM and Microsoft Access
- Database files.
- Must know how to verify that all operations have been completely performed and accepted, including but not limited to acceptance testing.
- Must have experience with assembly requirements as defined in J-STD-001.
- Must be able to verify all entries in Factory Operating System have been completed and closed correctly at all configuration levels.
- Must be proficient in the understanding of torque and assembly methods/processes.
- Prior experience as an Inspector or CEA.
- Pass an eye examination; critical for quality assurance inspection.
- Must be able to inspect/evaluate optics per drawing, specifications, and supplemental documentation in order to determine hardware acceptance/rejection.
- Must have experience with electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Must be solder certified (inspection).
- Experience using calibrated inspection measurement tools such as: micrometers, calipers, microscope, ruler, etc.
- Ability to inspect to Solder IPC J-STD, MIL-SPECS, F-STDS, etc.
- Ability to recognize and enforce compliance to Raytheon Policies and Procedures.
- Must be a team player, in order to promote a spirit of cooperation.
- Experience processing field returns (Hardware Mission Support).
- Must have customer selloff experience; foster excellent working relationships with internal/external stakeholders (ex. DCMA).
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite is a must
- Top Secret Clearance required day 1 AND role requires access to US only data
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Able to conduct a First Article Inspection (FAI) per AS9102
- Ability to work with a high degree of confidence and efficiency.
- Display a strong personal commitment to successfully complete all assignments
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative (self-starter).
- High School Diploma
- Minimum (8) years of quality assurance inspection experience, or equivalent. Associates Degree will be considered in lieu of (2) years work experience
- Technical degree or equivalent education and experience in a directly related field (Technical Coursework/Associates Degree/ASQ Inspection Certification)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.