General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio frequency, and/or data communications networks.
The Network Engineer position is in direct support of a mission-facing team responsible for a very large and complex network infrastructure. The position requires an up-to-date knowledge in network engineering, with the ability to complete very difficult and complex assignments. The candidate is expected to provide network administration (i.e. switch/router installation and configuration), crypto support, patching or network devices and servers, and have monitoring experience (i.e. SCOM and SolarWinds). The candidate will also need to have a basic understanding of virtual server configuration regarding high availability, cluster nodes, Hyper-V, and standalone.
1. Provides Active Directory, Server/Destktop, and Thin Client support.
2. Installs and maintains the network hardware and software and monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users.
3. Performs the necessary maintenance to support network availability.
4. Performs installations, upgrades, support and problem resolution for mainly Linux based operating systems.
5. Demonstrated experience with backup technologies like NetApp and Data Protection Management (DPM).
6. At least one year of experience coding in scripting languages (Python and/or PowerShell), and one year of experience with Juniper.
7. Demonstrated experience with the operation of Cisco network switches, routers, IOS commands, Juniper firewalls, etc.
10+ years of network engineering experience with increasingly complex responsibilities.
Experience with Azure preferred.
Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification preferred.
This role may require occassional OCONUS and CONUS travel.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar field. In lieu of a degree the candidate must have at least 8 years of experience in either the networking engineer field or something similar.