Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is looking for an experienced Subcontracts Specialist to join its team. This individual will report directly to the Manager, Electronic Warfare Systems (EWS) Subcontracts - supporting a development program within the SAS, EWS El Segundo business unit. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage subcontracts (domestic/international) and represents Supply Chain organization at various levels on functional and cross-functional teams to drive business success.
- Negotiate and administers multiple subcontract types, to include but not limited to Firm Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursement, Time and Materials, as well as development/R&D efforts.
- Evaluate, identify, and select suppliers and business partners.
- Generate and negotiate Teaming Agreements and other related agreements.
- Work closely with Program Office, Mission Assurance, and Engineering representatives to define and implement procurement strategies and develop subcontract Statements of Work.
- Solicit proposals from prospective subcontractors and employs value analysis techniques to analyze cost/price, technical capability and financial viability, conducting investigations to ensure ability to perform within cost and schedule.
- Monitor and report cost, schedule and status of subcontractors and recommends or implements corrective action as necessary.
- Prepare subcontract documentation in accordance with established company, customer and government regulations.
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive, relevant experience in supply chain, preferably subcontracts
- Experience in the government and/or aerospace industries
- Experience with various subcontract types including but not limited to Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Cost Reimbursement, and Time and Material (T&M)
- Experience making presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in managing suppliers or projects
- Experience in reviewing comprehensive Supplier Statements of Work (SSOW)
- Experience with root cause corrective action (RCCA)
- Experience with import/export regulations (ITAR/EAR)
- Experience in desktop computing tools (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project)
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Prior experience with multiple subcontract types including but not limited to Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Time and Material (T&M), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Cost Plus Incentive Fee (CPIF), etc.
- Prior experience working in the defense industry
- Thorough working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR and DFAR)
- Demonstrated experience managing critical strategic suppliers that are competitors and suppliers
- Demonstrated experience leading executive and program level supplier reviews
- Strong international experience
- Organizational capabilities and be detail oriented
- Ability to grasp / understand technical concepts / applications
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
Bachelor’s Degree required (B.S. or B.A.) in business, engineering, or related field.Desired Education:
Master’s Degree in Business or related field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.