The Prepositioning and Marine Corps Logistics Services (P&MCLS) program is based in Jacksonville, Florida. We provide maintenance and logistics services to the U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) and U.S. Navy.
We are accepting resumes for a Communications Technician position for our Kuwait location.
Performs duties involving the Care of Supplies in Storage for the ground communication systems and performs limited corrective maintenance. Performs the serviceability and operational checks along with Stock List - 3 (SL-3) inventories. Performs installation, de-installation, maintenance and modification on communication gear as directed by the maintenance supervisor. Performs preventative maintenance, limited technical inspections with the receiving units and upon return of the assets to include the SL-3 inventories. Ensures communications equipment is Ready For Issue, if necessary identifies the corrective maintenance actions and creates a maintenance service request in Global Combat Support System - Marine Corps (GCSS-MC). Capable of performing Quality Assurance (QA) inspections on communication equipment when maintenance is complete. Performs the duties as a Local Element appointed custodian for Electronic Key Management System/Controlled Cryptographic Items.
- AA degree in electrical engineering or related discipline.
- In lieu of a degree a combination of college credits, other formalized training or education and directly related work experience may be considered.
- Five years of directly related work experience.
- Complete the Radio Technician Course and the Technician Theory Course.
- In-depth working knowledge of electrical circuitry, electrical principles and formulas, and their practical application to the systems repaired.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a U.S. Passport.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
- Valid state Motor Vehicle Operator License
- Ability to apply working knowledge of wire color codes, symbols, layout sheets, wiring diagrams, schematics, technical orders, and manufacturer's specifications.
- Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
- Minimum of 1 year of high school algebra.
- Completed military communication technician course or civilian equivalent.
- Ability to operate personal computers, multimedia data entry, and scanning and retrieval systems functions.
- Understanding of the organization's logistic functions and the activities involved in providing logistical support.
Working knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
- Prior custodian for Electronic Key Management System.
- Experience with Global Combat Support System - Marine Corps.
- Experience with warranty repair or warranty administration.
- Experience and knowledge with the principles of maintenance operations and required repairs of all components and sub-components.
- Experience and knowledge of requisitioning requirements utilizing appropriate Stock List, Parts Manuals, and Technical Manuals.
- Experience and knowledge of proper utilization of test equipment, diagnostic equipment, and special tools to cause repairs.
Primary Location: KW-Arifjan
Req ID: 1082075