Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
As a Systems Administrator - Monitoring Management you will:
• Oversee AFIN system monitoring, change and incident management activities.
• Provide recommendations regarding change and configuration management practices.
• Provide senior level support resolving system/network issues.
• Be responsible for system administration of assigned duty areas.
• Lead other system administrators, directing and evaluating their activities.
• Ensure long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization.
• Be responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer software.
• Implement operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
• Perform supervisory duties as needed.
• Administer, operate, manage, establish, configure, optimize, and monitor enterprise level applications and tools for monitoring management.
• Perform 24x7 monitoring management operations and maintenance services in support of the Air Force Information Networks (AFIN) operations from Langley AFB, VA.
• Be responsible for administering network monitoring capabilities using government-provided monitoring tools (Orion Solarwinds, Microsoft SCOM, NetIQ AppManager) on large classified and unclassified network enterprises.
• Assist the government with planning, setup, deployment, upgrade, maintenance and migration of network monitoring capabilities on large network enterprises.
• Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting alerts/incidents, resolving issues based on mission priorities and working with PMOs / vendors to obtain support as required.
• Support the remediation of network vulnerabilities.
• Work assigned shift (5 consecutive days, 8 hrs each, 40 hrs per week) and must be flexible to rotate to another shift if needed.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with an Active DoD Secret Security Clearance or Higher
• Must have a Security+ or other 8570, IAT II satisfying certification
• Requires 1-4 years of directly related experience
• Experience with Windows server systems administration, database management, general networking • knowledge, basic understanding of Microsoft SQL and ability to troubleshoot/analyze data using information from multiple sources are required.
• Requires good technical, communications and collaboration skills.
• Requires solid understanding of large-scale data center and network architectures, monitoring and fault management.
• Scripting experience with any language, ideally experience administering EMC Smarts and NetIQ AppManage.
• MCSA Windows Server 2012 Certification
• Solarwinds Certified Professional
• MCSA SQL Server 2012.
Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure, Ability to use MS Office, Ability to use PC, Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills, Interpersonal and People Skills
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.