IT Network Analyst Tech Sr
- Military veterans preferred
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
The IT Network Analyst Technician Senior installs, analyzes, evaluates, and supports wide area networks, local area networks, and wireless infrastructure.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Evaluate current network infrastructure and propose system enhancements; to include define, design, and implement LAN/WAN/Wireless solutions
- Conduct analysis and planning on purchase and implementation of large scale systems projects through vendor comparisons and cost studies.
- Work under general supervision and apply network engineering and architecture knowledge on diverse problems
- Allocate network resources, monitor network performance and usage, and ensure most cost effective and efficient use of resources to include Windows 2008/2012 infrastructure components
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve faults in operational networks.
- Ensure routine preventive maintenance is performed, all network equipment complies with industry and regulatory standards, and license compliance is maintained.
- Occasionally work closely with corporate technical services and development staff to assure proper network operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to remain current on CISCO, COMPTIA and Microsoft platforms
- Demonstrate independent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Must have experience installing and managing Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 Active Directory environments
- Demonstrate good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
- Ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality with access to all information on the network.
Experience & Education
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in network engineering, Microsoft Server Management, and LAN technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or associated discipline; may substitute two (2) additional years of experience in related field for each year of college.
- Prefer CISCO and Microsoft professional certifications.
- Requires Comp TIA Security+ AND CCNA or MCSA or MCSE Certification
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
More Jobs For Veterans...