Network Engineer Principle
- Military veterans preferred
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
The Network Engineer Principal oversees the complex installation, analysis, evaluation, and support of network communications including LAN/WAN, Load Balancing and VOIP systems.
- Conducts analysis and planning on company-wide communications services to support strategic planning and procurement.
- Supports the Corporate Network Operations Center (NOC) in establishing bandwidth monitoring and system management.
- Ensures solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and reusability.
- Supports the corporate operations in the provisioning, implementation, and monitoring, troubleshooting of Network communications.
- Provides oversight of communications projects, including development of timetables, budgets, and status reports working with project management team.
- Monitors LAN and WAN to ensure they are operating according to contractual service level agreements.
- Manages communication systems to ensure they support corporate network architecture and operations.
- May consult with business unit contract operations and program management staff.
- Prepares detailed documentation of network systems including drawings, IP addressing plans, troubleshooting trees and training documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- CISCO IOS network software.
- Cisco NXOS network software.
- Professional Certifications and industry certifications.
- Ability to remain current on CISCO platforms.
- Demonstrate independent problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers, including various country Governments.
- Ability to uphold integrity and confidentiality with access to all information on the Company network.
- Skilled in creating Visio drawings and diagrams of new and existing network infrastructure.
- Desired F5 LTM and GTM deployment and management experience.
Experience & Education
- Desired Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline. Two (2) years experience in related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years college.
- Six (6) to eight (8) years experience in network engineering.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Generally works in normal office environment, but may be required to travel domestically and internationally on short notice, to austere environments, under harsh living conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
More Jobs For Veterans...