Material Program Manager for the Goleta, CA Electronic Warfare (EW) Mission Area.
The Material Program Manager (MPM) is a strong leader with demonstrated project management skills. The candidate for this position must be a self-starter, capable of developing and achieving organizational and program objectives, and must be able to successfully interface with all levels of internal management, including supplier management.
Candidate will be responsible for developing and executing supply chain strategies and plans. The MPM will serve as the liaison between the Program Executive, Program Managers, IPT’s and the Supply Chain organization. The MPM will be responsible for the development, coordination and execution of all program material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives. The MPM will serve as the leader for all program’s supply chain activities, and will advise the Business Unit SCM Director and Sr. Manager as well as the program management office leadership team on material strategies and plans. Candidate leads front end of the business SCM activities including early supply chain management involvement and early supplier involvement. The position requires an individual who will be able to exert influence and have an effect on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the program and the program IPT team. The position requires an individual who is persistent in influencing others to execute their responsibilities on time and escalates as requires to achieve schedules.
Other MPM duties:
- Develop and lead supply chain proposal activities including task descriptions and bases of estimates
- Must be able to work in conjunction with engineering to develop accurate Bill of Materials (BOM’s) from the technical baseline within a few days of proposal kick off, control changes in the BOM during the proposal process and promptly flow any changes to material estimating and develop a strategy to get representative costs.
- Develop and execute material program plans, subcontract management plans (together with the Subcontract Administrator)
- Execute make/buy/where process
- Develop and execute risk/opportunity plans to meet program objectives.
- Balance strategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs
- Work closely with Engineering, Quality and Operations to create common schedule based on Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- Collaborate with supply chain functions for support as needed.
- Monitor performance metrics and proactively acts to address program and functional issues.
- Strong Earned Value Management and Financial management skills, including Material EAC’s and Material Forecasting
The MPM is the single point of contact to management and to internal customers, including Program Office, Quality, Engineering, Operations, Finance, and Contracts. S/he will represent the Supply Chain organization on policies, strategies and objectives, oversee all SCM activities needed to meet program requirements, and ensures a strong link within and between various Supply Chain functions, including Sourcing, Logistics, and Production Control. The MPM is the acknowledged expert on all supply chain issues and their impact on the enterprise programs.Required Skills:
- Minimum of 6 years of combined work experience (can include Graduate school experience) in functional areas of Supply Chain, Finance, Operations (including Production Control), or Project Management. Knowledge of US Government acquisition laws and regulations (FAR)
- Experience working in the DoD Aerospace & Defense industry
- Experience achieving goals in an matrix environment
- Experience in managing to a budget
- Experience providing inputs into or reviewing EACs
- Experience communicating complex concepts or ideas in a clear and concise manner to various levels of internal management
- Demonstrated strong analytical and prioritization skills
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Engineering experience in Electronic Warfare products.
- Experience converting business area and customer requirements into executable strategies.
- Experience collaborating with the Subcontract Administrator to review statements of work (SOW) that are complete and conform to program requirements
- Experience developing individuals and teams
- Experience leading in an Integrated Program Team (IPT) environment
- Current Earned Value Management (EVM) Level II certification or the ability to obtain certification within 6 months of start
- Current MPM certification or ability to obtain certification within 1 year of start
- Supply Chain/MPM experience (including Raytheon MPM Certification)
- PRISM experience
- Six Sigma Specialist/Six Sigma Green Belt qualified
- Microsoft Project
- Technical knowledge of EW related hardware applications as well as knowledge of operational and manufacturing processes (assembly, integration, and test)
- Working knowledge of US Government acquisition laws and regulations
- Fluency in Raytheon systems, process, and procedures.
- A current active U.S. Security Clearance
Bachelor Degree (BA or BS) in Business Management, Engineering Management, Industrial Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Operations, or other related fieldDesired Education:
Master Degree (MA or MBA) – Management, Supply Chain, Engineering, or Business or other related field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.