Guidance, Navigation and Control Staff Engineer
Job ID: 485007BR
Date posted: Jun. 11, 2019
Description:The LM2100 Bus Center of Excellence is searching for a Guidance, Navigation & Control (GN&C) Engineer to support development of GPSIII SV11+ Next Generation Satellites, as well as provide relevant GN&C Subsystem Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) experience and Assembly, Test, and Launch Operations (ATLO) experience to the a team that support Commercial Space, Military Space and Special Programs.
Job includes the design, development, implementation, verification and test of algorithms to perform guidance, navigation and control of spacecraft during earth orbit and orbital insertion. Perform control design and analyses.
The candidate should have a complete understanding of several of the following areas: Hardware CPE, Mission Design, Attitude Controls, Attitude Determination, Integrated Flight Software/Simulation FSW/Sim and Testbed Simulation.
The candidate will lead the development of GPSIIIF special studies relating to Navigation Augmentation and Autonomy.
- Requires a BS degree and/or MS degree combined with experience and specialized training commensurate with the position
- Experience either as subsystem or hardware authority
- Experience including, but not limited to, GN&C hardware test, Closed Loop tests, functional tests, interface tests and Open Loop tests
- Familiarity with C++ and Unix / Linux environment
- Strong analytical background and algorithm development
- Strong Guidance, Navigation & Control GN&C background in controls and dynamics
- Launch Support and Operations experience
- Demonstrated experience in the requirements generation, design, integration, qualification, verification, and validation of Guidance, Navigation, & Control GN&C algorithms for space applications.
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
- Familiarity with Fortran
- Simulink experience
- Familiarity with the following GN&C Hardware: Star Trackers, MEMS Gyros, Coarse Sun Sensors and Reaction Wheels
- Experience with hardware-in-the-Loop testbeds.
- Worked in a Commercial FFP mind-set environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability as a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members.
- Demonstrated communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical issues to peers, management, subcontractors and customers
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: PART-TIME-less than 40 hrs/wk;