Description The Social Media Manager will design and implement the organization’s social media strategy across all social media platforms. This individual will develop and oversee social media content and engagement initiatives for SAIC, driving both awareness and exposure. The Social Media Manager will collaborate with internal cross-functional teams and stakeholders, as well as partner with SAIC’s talent acquisition, inclusion and diversity, and digital communications teams and lead ongoing efforts to experiment and expand into new and emerging platforms.
Additionally, the Social Media Manager will serve as the subject matter expert and lead on social content planning across all platforms with a creative approach to effective storytelling. The individual will provide recommendations to teams on asset development and effective copy for both pre-planned and real-time content and engagement. The Social Media Manager will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the Social Media Handbook and Style Guide and will offer direction and guidance in support of SAIC’s thought leadership program.
· Create, manage, and maintain strategic direction for SAIC across all company social media channels, which include the following:
· Create, manage, and optimize organic and paid presence on our channels: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, YouTube including live streaming capability
· Management of all compliance requirements and processes, including supervision of ongoing social media communications across the company
· Review and analyze data from SAIC's social media market and measurement services; set goals based on the current data and various KPIs; and use data to formulate strategies that increase engagement and exposure for all SAIC's social media channels
· Build strong connections with business partners to communicate social media plans, how they relate to and support SAIC goals, and results of our efforts. Gather input from partners and adapt plans accordingly
· Stay current on new trends in social media, including industry landscape, competitor activities, customer data, as well as gleaning insight from our own test and learns to update/iterate our best practices
· Write and develop unique and engaging posts that promote our marketing efforts, support our public relations efforts, community outreach activities, talent acquisition goals and Inclusion & Diversity efforts
· Manage both organic and paid social media campaigns in coordination with Marketing, Talent Acquisition and Digital Communications
· Assist in the preparation and delivery of marketing plans and presentations to stakeholders, senior management and partners
· BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of marketing experience with a focus on paid and organic social media, editorial, and content development
· Experience executing paid social media strategies for a large company highly preferred
· Strong communication and writing skills
· No clearance required
Skills and Abilities:
· Proficient in using social media management tool (Sprout Social, Falcon, Hootsuite)
· Expertise in the major social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Snapchat and others) and a strong understanding of the mobile social ecosystem and what drives excitement across a broad range of audiences
· Experience with analytic platforms (Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics and Bitly)
· Deep experience in content creation for social media
· Driving the social media strategy for the various corporate social media channels.
· Help support real-time social engagement around key programs, news and public affairs initiatives
· Experience with best practices related to photography
· Strong organizational leadership capabilities and understanding of business and competitive environment
· Strong understanding of how brands should participate in social media in an authentic way.
· Superb communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
· Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills with strong attention to detail and organization and the ability to multi-task across multiple large initiatives
· Passion for working in a positive and fast-paced working environment; foster open and honest communication and with a high level of collaboration
· Possess excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
· Flexibility to work weekends and travel if needed
· Comfortable working with executive leadership and stakeholders in the development of messaging
· On top of industry trends. You track what competitors are doing and provide well-informed recommendations