Facilities Technician, Annapolis, MD Area
Job ID: 486659BR
Date posted: Jun. 12, 2019
Program: Double Eagle 2
Description:At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
• Work location for this position is south of Annapolis MD area.
• Facilities Technician supporting operations and maintenance for large scale RF Communication’s system operating in real time 24x7 environment.
• Primary responsibility will be to provide grounds maintenance and building maintenance to include daily janitorial duties.
• Secondary responsibilities include preventative and corrective maintenance on facilities support equipment such as; generators, HVAC and UPS.
• Daily activities may include, but are not limited to, discrepancy report work off and resolution, data collection, fault isolation, and performing real-time manual actions to restore system capabilities.
• Participation in corrective maintenance will require remove/replace, repair, and testing failed hardware.
• Performance of maintenance activities will include climbing multiple sets of stairs, lifting/carrying up to 50lbs, and working in non-environment-controlled work spaces.
• Strict adherence to all applicable administrative, safety and security policies is required.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to climb multiple sets of stairs, lift/carry up to 50lbs, and work in non-environment-controlled work spaces
- Knowledge of or ability to understand electrical and mechanical equipment
- Experience on small maintenance teams.
- Knowledge and experience with facility support systems for RF ground terminal systems (power, HVAC, etc.)
- Prior military electronics and/or satellite communications training/experience
- On the job training (OJT) will be provided to the selected candidate specific to our current equipment.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Facilities
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day