Job ID: 486228BR
Date posted: Jun. 12, 2019
State: New York
Description:Voted as the “coolest small town in America,” Owego boasts a laid back, casual vibe in the midst of the beautiful Catskill Mountains.
With approximately 20,000 residents, Owego offers a variety of activities and amenities while retaining that cool, small town feel. Whether you enjoy exploring local breweries, antiquing for lost treasures, sipping coffee at a riverside cafe, or hiking the scenic Catskill Mountains, Owego has something for everyone. In addition to its convenient location along the Southern Tier highway, Owego’s low cost of living has a median home price of $136,500 (compared to $216,200 nationally). While Owego itself maintains that small town feel, a short drive will get you to Syracuse (1.5 hrs.), Niagara Falls (3.5 hrs.), Philadelphia (3.5 hrs.), or NYC (also 3.5 hrs. away).
Performs aircraft maintenance and servicing on Rotary aircraft to include inspection, operational test, removal, replacement, repair, and modification of aircraft and/or aircraft systems and components. Applies technical knowledge and experience to solve problems and to troubleshoot and repair aircraft discrepancies. A&P license may be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures that all work performed complies with applicable technical data, manuals, instructions, and directives. Works closely with Aircraft Maintenance Lead, and Maintenance Control for work assignments, keeping them informed of the status of work in progress in areas of responsibility.
2. Evaluates aircraft discrepancies to identify methods of repair and/or replacement. Identifies necessary parts, materials, and tooling requirements for completion of assigned maintenance tasks.
3. Ensures that all parts/components removed from an aircraft in work are properly documented by a valid Maintenance Action Form and Job Control Number, ensuring repairable, serviceable, or unserviceable parts are properly tagged and turned in and/or disposed of.
4. Read, interpret, and utilize manufacturers' maintenance manuals, service bulletins, Maintenance Engineering Directives, Maintenance Requirement Cards, Technical Directives, schematics, drawings, blueprints, charts and other applicable publications to replace, repair, test and modify assigned avionics/electrical systems and components.
5. Monitors, evaluates, inspects, and validates work in progress and completed tasks ensuring established standards of workmanship, safety, quality, and production are met.
6. Performs tasks in compliance with all applicable programs including Safety, Foreign Object Damage (FOD), Hazardous Communications, Corrosion Control, and Tool Control programs.
7. Ensures compliance with all established general and industrial safety rules and regulations as applicable to the contract, site, work center, and job assignment.
8. Assist as directed to ensure safety, security and preservation of government / company owned equipment
9. Communicate with the customer in courteous, professional and effective manner.
10. Work harmoniously with other employees promoting teamwork and cooperation.
11. Make recommendations to management to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, and/or cut costs.
12. Be able to obtain a plane captain qualification within 120 days of your hire date.
13. Must be willing to work multiple shifts (1st or 2nd) and overtime as required by the business
14. Physical Demands:
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- The position requires prolonged periods of standing, walking, climbing and/or kneeling to perform assigned duties in and around aircraft.
15. Basic Computer Skills Required. (Outlook, Word, Excel)
16. Performs other related duties as required.
Experience maintaining aircraft to include hydraulic systems, engines, flight controls and avionics systems familiarity.
Towing, fueling and marshalling will be required.
Understanding of FOD and Tool Control Programs.
**Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.**
Familiarity with S-92 Airframe or Other Sikorsky Platforms
Willingness to obtain the certification of Crew Chief. (This involves flying in helicopters)
**Avionics knowledge and experience**
**Airframe structural/composite repair and modifications**
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)