Material & Process Mgr
Job ID: 486349BR
Date posted: Jun. 12, 2019
State: New York
Description:Voted as the “coolest small town in America,” Owego boasts a laid back, casual vibe in the midst of the beautiful Catskill Mountains.
With approximately 20,000 residents, Owego offers a variety of activities and amenities while retaining that cool, small town feel. Whether you enjoy exploring local breweries, antiquing for lost treasures, sipping coffee at a riverside cafe, or hiking the scenic Catskill Mountains, Owego has something for everyone. In addition to its convenient location along the Southern Tier highway, Owego’s low cost of living has a median home price of $136,500 (compared to $216,200 nationally). While Owego itself maintains that small town feel, a short drive will get you to Syracuse (1.5 hrs.), Niagara Falls (3.5 hrs.), Philadelphia (3.5 hrs.), or NYC (also 3.5 hrs. away).
This individual will manage the support required for Materials & Process Aftermarket / Fort Worth Design Center as well as support Manufacturing Operations within the Sikorsky Aircraft Owego facility. The group supports both internal and external (customer and supply base) efforts in support of production and development issues concerning materials and processing recommendations. The implementation of new products and/or processes in support of the various company Product Centers and /or Programs is also a priority for this group.
In addition, significant knowledge in both composite and metal processing is required along with the related technologies associated with them (bonding, chemical processing, etc.). This position will work closely with multi-functional teams, determining and communicating technical material requirements with design engineering, manufacturing, and quality organizations. Strong communication and organizational skills are required.
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 20 years applicable experience in this field is required. Advanced degree preferred.
• Resolve technical engineering issues on all aircraft within CAFO
• Manage a department of both Sikorsky and contractor Engineers
• Manage employee development; must be able to develop employees skills and prepare them for future job assignments
• Manage direct and indirect budgets
• Provide technical support to Manufacturing and Quality
• Create and coordinate planning, and budgeting across all CAFO aircraft models
• Formulate strategic and tactical plans to enable the center to meet or exceed the goals and objectives of the company
• Planning includes: manpower and staffing, budgets, capital, and general and administrative planning
• Utilize data to depict trends, and make forecasts, create presentations which depict data and information in a clear and concise format for executive level viewing
• Maintain CAFO/FAFO Manufacturing Engineering as a world class organization
• Utilize ACE Tools to close the gaps between actual results and goals and strive towards continuous process improvement, waste elimination, and problem solving and decision making
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Mechanical Engineering
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)