R-NAV programs provide affordable Position, Navigation and Timing (PNT) solutions by leveraging our existing products and technologies, focusing, research and developments, and expanding our strategic customer and supplier partnerships. GNS Programs also support all elements of military Global Positioning System (GPS) technology including aircraft GPS navigation, weapon GPS/Inertial Navigation System (INS) guidance and advanced technology programs. GNS Programs support a variety of applications such as amphibious assault vehicles, aviation, maritime, munitions and handheld devices.
R-NAV area programs is looking for software team member of a GPS Receiver development project in support of the Government’s effort in the modernization of the GPS User Segment and Airborne GPS Receivers. Responsibilities include requirements analysis, software design, coding, testing, and documentation of the product development of a next-generation GPS Receiver that is P(Y)-code, M-code, and C/A-code (YMCA) capable as well as having Anti-spoof capability.
A qualified candidate for R-NAV Programs would possess proficiency with Ada/C/C++, real time embedded programming and signal processing. The candidate must be a self-starter, have the ability to work independently, and the ability to manage personal workload to meet assigned deadlines. The candidate should have experience successfully working in a collaborative environment. The candidate will be involved with the planning, conduct, and coordination of software designs, software architecture, development, test, and documentation.
- Minimum 6+ years of related technical individual contributor experience in large team software engineering development
- 6+ years’ experience with Ada/C/C++ programming and similar languages
- 4+ years’ experience in Green Hills Integrity Real-time Operating Systems, board support package (BSP), Green Hills Multi IDE, Wind River VxWorks for C/C++ or related operating systems
- 4+ years’ experience working with PPC, ARM, and Atom processor
- 4+ years’ experience in real-time development and architecture for GPS Receiver software
- Real time embedded programming, Communications Systems, and Signal Processing
- Work related experience in algorithm and hardware design
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio and Matlab
- Applies and/or develops highly advanced technologies and concepts exhibiting an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness in the architecture, design and concepts consistent with systems requirement and interface designs.
- Experience with software test activities and planning
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum 6+years of related technical individual contributor experience in large team software engineering development
- U.S. Citizenship Status is Required as this position will require the ability to Access US Only Data Systems.
- U.S. Citizenship Status is Required as this position needs an Active U.S. Security Clearance as of Day One of employment.
- Experience with GPS and/or Radar test and Integration
- Experience with DO-178B or DO-178C
- Working knowledge with MIL-STD-1553, IS-GPS-153 Serial Interface protocol, signal selection, acquisition and tracking, Position, Velocity, and Time (PVT) calculation, data demodulation, signal correction, jamming and spoofing or related application
- Experience with software implementation of timing and controls
- Experience with Configuration Management tools
- Experience with tools such as JIRA and VectorCast
- Experience with automated test tools, techniques, and practices
- Experience with Agile-Scrum methodology
- Understanding of software development best practices and processes
- Knowledge of MS Office or other presentation tools
- BS or STEM Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent from Accredited University.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.