Are you ready to take on a fresh challenge, grow your career and contribute to making the world a safer place, Raytheon is ready to help you achieve your goals. Join our team and get the opportunity and support to find purpose, thrive and succeed. Click here to view a brief video and learn more about our Aurora Campus:
Raytheon IIS is looking for an individual to join the Cyber Security Engineering team for a Cyber Security position in Information Assurance supporting the development and maintenance of custom solutions.
This position is located in Aurora, Colorado. Infrequent travel to Suitland, Maryland may be needed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Performing hands-on technical implementation of security solutions comprised of COTS & FOSS as well as custom-developed products
- Security compliance & vulnerability scanning/remediation across multiple platforms and networks
- Preparing documentation to support Assessment & Authorization activities
- Preparing for, supporting and/or leading Security Test & Evaluation activities for program sell-off of security related requirements
- Applying knowledge of current IA policies as a contributor to the architecture and design of secure solutions to customer needs and requirements
- Preparing for, writing, and presenting trade studies, cost benefit analyses, reports and briefings as required
Must be a U.S. CITIZEN with ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills
- Four years of demonstrated experience in cyber security to include practices/methodologies, associated technologies, application design, and/or experience in an operational environment including NIST &/or ICD 503 guidelines, directives and security mandates
- Experience with cyber security engineering projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients.
- Strong understanding of security design and architecture with ability to develop solutions to moderately complex IS compliance and security problems
- Must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing your time in a dynamic environment while requiring minimal levels of supervision
- Demonstrated experience performing vulnerability assessment/remediation including the coordination or performance of patch/configuration deployments across multiple platforms
- Must have hands-on technical experience as an individual contributor with documentation skills and experience in some of the following areas:
- Linux system administration
- Windows system administration
- Network component administration
- VMware administration
- Operating system hardening
- Assessment and Authorization (NIST SP800-37, ICD 503)
- Developing System Security Plans (SSPs) and all supporting certification and accreditation documentation
- Demonstrated leadership experience with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written & oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Security certifications in accordance to DoD 8570.01 IAT-II or higher, or the ability to earn one within 6 months (Security+CE or CISSP is preferable)
- Must be a U.S. CITIZEN with ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- Experience in systems engineering, life-cycle management, & engineering change proposal processes
- Experience using Tenable Nessus/Security Center/ ACAS preferred for security compliance/vulnerability assessment scanning but experience with similar products is acceptable
- Network administration/engineering skills on Cisco Nexus, Catalyst, ASA, and Access Control System (ACS) devices; McAfee firewalls
- Systems administrator experience (Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
- COTS and FOSS patch management/deployment experience
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, VBA, Ruby) or programming languages (e.g. C/C++ or Java) to automate security testing
- Previous experience in Verification, Validation and Accreditation
- Experience in proactively analyzing and resolving problems relating to operational considerations, engineering drawings and associated hardware in relation to repair activities
B.S./M.S. in in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
This position requires either a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.COSE
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.