CANDIDATES MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED
GDIT is currently seeking as Senior Systems Security Engineer for our customer in Quantico, VA.
- Ensure that all information systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices outlined in the approved site accreditation or accreditation package
- Ensure that all Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) requirements (if required) are documented and submitted on schedule to the government task lead(s)
- Ensure that all system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the information system lifecycle
- Ensure that all Plan of Actions and Milestones (if any) under their purview are reviewed weekly and updated when applicable
- Ensure that the release of all media and/or memory component from the FBI facility is properly managed
- Ensure that all audit trails are established for the IS’s, and reviewed and made available on request from the ISSM or appropriate government lead
- Ensure that precautionary measures are exercised to prevent the introduction and/or proliferation of malicious code to the information systems
- Support all certification activities throughout the ISSA process
- Oversee all information system recovery processes
- Ensure that all information system data calls are responded to within the specified schedule provided by the government
- Ensure that all information system security incidents are reported to the ISSO, ISSM, and/or CSO immediately and appropriate action is taken
- Initiate, with approval from ISSO, ISSM and/or CSO any protective and corrective measures when an information security incident or vulnerability is discovered.
- Ensure that all ISSA documentation is developed and maintained in accordance with the ISSA Handbook or the Site Accreditation Template
- Understand national level IA requirements within the Executive Branch, have an awareness of the national IA support infrastructure and establish technical contacts, understand the systematic nature of IA involving life-cycle management, and understand IA goals and how those goals can support macro budget requirements
- Provide assistance to the FBI in reviewing, documenting, clarifying, and updating both strategic and tactical security and information assurance policies
- Provide dedicated support to the accreditation function as defined by the FBI C&A process workbook. Generally, the accreditation function will be in support of the Designated Accrediting Authority (DAA) and will work closely with the certifying official and certification staff
- Prepare and/or evaluate and validate risk assessments, quantify risk where possible to facilitate DAA decision processes, and prepare recommendations to the DAA regarding accreditation decisions
- Deliverables will include risk assessments, studies, and system approval recommendations
- Plan and carry out vulnerability analysis to identify specific risks that the FBI faces from both inside and outside threats
- Develop and provide classroom/webinar training for new or revised programs, systems and policies
- The Senior Security Systems Engineer shall have a minimum of ten years of technical experience performing security requirements analysis for, and system design, of computer systems.
- The Senior Security Systems Engineer should have a sound, technical aptitude for Audit Log Management, FISMA Compliance Auditing, Vulnerability Analysis, and Intrusion Detection.
- The engineer shall have competence in Active Directory, VB Scripting, Cyber security, structured analysis and architectural design concepts/methodologies.
- The Senior Systems Security Engineer shall also possess knowledge of state-of-the-art concepts in open system standards (e.g. OSI, ISO, OSE, TAFIM), design methodologies and tools such as entity relationship/dataflow diagrams and IDEF1x, object oriented principles, and systems engineering practices. Some current technologies supported Sourcefire, Found Stone, and Nessus.
- Provide system acquisition and program management, team leadership and tutelage to junior members/staff, contract and business management administration, financial management and technical support for FAU-FNP. This support will enable FNP to monitor the installation, integration and implementation of automated systems at designated field office locations while monitoring the prime/developmental Contractors’ technical, schedule and cost performance.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.