The Project Data Manager ensures data is consistently, accurately and globally entered and extracted for use by the project team and administers the data repositories where the project engineering and supplier data is stored and maintained. This involves receiving or performing the data transfers, monitor changes and generating reports and to ensure effective handover of a complete, accurate dataset to the Client for the operational phase.
Supports the creation of an appropriate Information management strategy and plans covering engineering, design, supplier and Client information both within the Project and across project interfaces, etc. Responsible for establishing, operating and managing the asset tag data repository and interfaces between engineering systems for sharing data. Development and maintenance of project tag numbering schema, Class Libraries and deliverable production, reporting and data progress measurement.
- Plan, direct, co-ordinate and be the focal point for all data management activities.
- Understand the client and internal project requirements for data collection, conditioning, reporting and turnover
- Liaise with engineering and suppliers to ensure completion and compliance of data submission.
- Interface with Project/Information Management to ensure active exchange of best practice and alignment of processes and systems.
- Manage multi-location, IM data management teams.
- Facilitate the setup and configuration of the data repositories to meet the project requirements.
- Define procedures and support processes for the population of the Data Repository (electronic Tag register)
- Coordinate with the project discipline leads in the definition of applications to be used and data to be generated, collected and disseminated.
- Liaise with Client and/or Construction and/or Completions team personnel to ensure commissioning/operational hand-over requirements are understood & being met.
- Setup and ensure compliance with Data Standards
- Define and develop Project Data reports and statistics.
- Liaise closely with other Cad coordinators, Document management group, Procurement/IPMS support to encourage and integrated approach to naming conventions and data-centric information management.
- Manage the day to day data management and collection processes.
- Provide the Project Information Manager and Project team with regular reports on completeness of data set.
- Coordinates with project disciplines to resolve any data inconsistencies, errors or mapping issues which may arise
- Provide support to users in data collection and data management tools and work methods.
- Trains and supports the project team in the use of data management tools for equipment list development and reporting
- Manages the project close out and shutdown for the data management systems and applications
Experience, Education, Skills & Job Knowledge
- University degree qualification or equivalent oil and gas industry experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an engineering or designer role.
- An understanding of electronic database tools to analyse, manipulate and transfer data.
- Experience of using Aveva Engineering/standards manager, Life Cycle Server, Smartplant Foundation.
- Knowledge of Aveva Net and Aveva Engage.
- SSRS, OBIEE reporting or similar required. PML, procedural SQL etc an advantage.
- Working knowledge of CFIHOS or other equivalent class libraries an advantage.
- Must be a good communicator, confident, assertive, self-motivated, goal orientated, innovative and proactive and forward looking.
- Must be able to accept responsibility and understanding accountability.
- Able to identify & facilitate the effective resolution of problems, making optimal use of available resources _._
- Must be able to positively influence the culture of the Information Management Group.
- Must be able to interact at all levels of the organisation.
Job: Information Management
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Leatherhead
Req ID: 1082636