General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Required skills/experience: Python, NLP, XML, JSON, Oracle, SQL, R, SAD, Git.
Desired skills/experience: Java, statistical analysis, ETL, AWS, Hadoop/HDFS
Background: The customer has a mission need for support to enable and grow our existing automation efforts and drive forward our natural language processing efforts.
1. Programming experience with Python.
2. Familiarity with Natural Language Processing and other machine learning techniques.
3. Experience with one or more of the following: XML, JSON, and related data formats.
4. Experience with relational databases, ideally Oracle using SQL.
5. Experience manipulating large datasets (e.g. R, SAS, etc.)
6. Experience with documentation (Git).
7. Intellectual curiosity, creativity, and motivation to deliver the best solution to complex problems.
8. Excellent communication skills, especially to deliver the best solution to complex problems.
9. Demonstrated collaboration and coordination skills.
1. Experience bringing programs from concept to production use.
2. Programming experience with Java.
3. Familiarity with statistical analysis.
4. Familiarity with customer enterprise data layer unstructured formats and content.
5. Experience with ETL processes.
6. Experience with data storage (e.g. Hadoop/HDFS).
7. Familiarity with AWS infrastructure and its native data science capabilities.
Analyzes user needs and performs research and functional analysis on a variety of projects
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.