General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Hands-on experience with clustered machines with technologies like Hadoop, Cloudera, or Greenplum
2. Experience with Elastic Search and familiarity with database technologies (e.g. Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle)
3. Experience developing with the MEAN stack
4. Familiarity with various software development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Agile)
5. Experience with Linux-based systems and shell scripting a plus
6. Ability to analyze existing software applications, and recommend new technologies and methodologies to improve system performance and usability
7. Designs, develops, tests, debugs, and deploys new software tools that extend or replace existing capabilities
8. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues
9. Designs and implements cloud-native data processing capabilities using distributed computing technologies such as Spark, Hive, Hadoop, and NiFi
10. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements and works with them to resolve incompatibilities
11. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, training materials, processes and procedures
12. Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, analyst, project managers and other engineers and analysts
5+ years of programming and software development experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology.