SAIC is seeking candidates to support the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) Special Operations Forces (SOF) Enterprise Data Science Team (DST). The SOF DST team will support the Special Operations Command, Research, Analysis, and Threat Evaluation System (SOCRATES) Program of Record within the SOF Acquisition Technology and Logistics (AT&L) Program Executive Officer (PEO) – Command, Control, Commination, and Computes (C4). The DST team will primarily focus on supporting ongoing data analytics efforts within the J2 (Intelligence) and J8 (Force Structure, Resources, and Assessment) Directorates. In addition, the DST team will also engage with the USSOCOM Chief Data Officer (CDO) Knowledge Management (KM) team and the USSOCOM J6/Chief Information Officer (CIO) via the respective Technical Contracting Officer Representatives (TCORs) from the J8 and J2. DST personnel/analysts will vary in skill sets ranging from a Data Scientists to Data Integrators and will provide advanced analytical knowledge of data; be capable of conducting big data analysis; data conditioning; programming advanced computing; developing algorithms, developing software and data models; executing predictive analytics; and utilizing visualization tools to take advantage of the growing volume of available information.
Database engineers are responsible for developing and translating computer algorithms into prototype code and maintaining, organizing, and identifying trends in large data sets.
• Design SQL databases
• Create process documentation
• Provide written and verbal communication
• Work independently and on teams
• Code in python, java, Kafka, hive, R, or storm
• Oversee real-time business metric aggregation, data warehousing and querying, schema and data management, and related duties.
• Design, develop, and test state-of-the-art Cloud-based database platforms
• Implementation and maintain complex databases
• Analyze procedures to control the access and allocation of data
• Maintain security controls in supported databases
• Apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts to job assignments and contribute to the development of new ideas and principles
• Solve complex problems, under consultative direction, and represent the SOF Data Science teams across the SOF Intelligence Enterprise working on long-range programs and objectives
• Provide advice to the SOF Intelligence Data Team customer and assist in overall functional strategic data planning
• Work directly with the SOF DST to ensure the data systems supporting the DST are functioning optimally and can integrate any needed capabilities to support the team
Education and Experience:
• Possess a minimum of a bachelors degree in a computer science discipline.
• Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
• Six years' experience providing services similar in required tasks, scope, and complexity.
• Current DoD Top Secret clearance and eligible for SCI access and ACCM read-on.