Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
District of Columbia
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Senior Software Engineer (Maximo) to join our team in Washington, DC and begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
This position will collaborate with Infrastructure, Security, Operations and other Government teams to customize Government Asset Management System and other IT applications. The candidate should be familiar with systems development life cycles that include waterfall and agile. Implement innovations to include automation, DevOps, and develop cloud migration strategies. The Senior Software Engineer will support both legacy application development and modernization of systems within the agency.
• Gather and effectively translate business requirements (e.g. business case, requirement specifications, non-functional requirement specifications & use case models specific to the Maximo solution) into technical solutions.
• Provide expert level consultation to key stakeholders and strategically drive Maximo deployment, configuration and customization to deliver on the customer's vision and needs.
• Installation, configuration and customization of Automated Data Collection systems, SCADA and Hyperion.
• Enhance and maintain ERP system interfaces to the Oracle Financials and Manufacturing Applications like Purchasing, Inventory and GL.
• Work closely with the Core Enterprise Working Group to align project implementations with the Enterprise Roadmap, this may require working with third party vendors supporting the client.
• Support development activities to enhance the ERP system capabilities as needed.
• Create tables, stored procedures, triggers and packages for Oracle databases.
• Manage and perform Maximo upgrade activities by adhering to the Change and Configuration management policies.
• Support troubleshooting and resolution of issues identifies during end to end, integration and system testing phases of application enhancement or system upgrades.
• Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment.
• Create or update Standard Operating Procedure documents as needed as new functions are implemented.
• Support Legacy application modernization efforts by actively participating in solution efforts.
• Provide Level 3 support to identify and troubleshoot any problems reported by end users and provide documentation as needed.
• Minimum 7 (7) years of hands on experience with the implementation and utilization of fully Integrated Maximo Enterprise Asset Management system.
• 10 or more years of coding/development experience with interface writing, Java/J2EE, XML, PL SOL, Oracle applications for government clients.
• A Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science,
Engineering or a related scientific or technical discipline.
• Broad knowledge of cloud architecture, web services, Internet technologies, Internet protocols, Service Oriented Architectures
• Must be able to convert functional requirements into technical specifications, and configure, tailor, and or customize solutions including building interfaces
• Understanding and significant experience of the Software Development Lifecycle and current methodologies including DevOps, Agile and Cloud Native and modern architectures including micro services.
• One or more certifications (CSDA, CSDP, MCSD, MCSA/MCSE, MTA, Oracle APEX, and OCP)
• Able to obtain Public Trust clearance
• Ability to manage cross departmental relationships
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as primary goal
• Agile Development experience (CSM or Any Agile Certifications a plus)
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.