Senior Quality Engineer - C-130 and CV-22 Platforms - Special Operations Forces
Job ID: 487115BR
Date posted: Jun. 13, 2019
City: Fort Walton Beach
Description:- Conduct AS9100 Rev D Audits to assess project adherence to customer Task Order PWS and LMCO Command Media.
- Inspect/validate mechanical, structural, electrical and avionics assembly design, manufacture and installations for accelerated Modifications on multiple weapon system types.
- Interface with Registrar during third party AS9100 Rev D certification / surveillance visit.
- Identify / disposition non-conforming material. Generate Corrective Actions and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
- Perform Root Cause Analysis.
- Compile trending data for monthly Corrective Action Board (CAB) board session.
- Determine Task Order inspection and acceptance terms required by the customer.
- Deliver and sustain (revise as required) project Quality Control Plan (QCP) outlining inspection procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with quality standards and applicable government policies.
- Generate, sustain aviation procedures guide site specific supplement per DCMA INST 8210.1.
- Take immediate remedial and corrective actions for all non-conformances identified during government surveillance providing corrective and preventive action plans that address why the performance threshold was not met, how performance will be returned to acceptable levels, and how recurrence of the cause will be prevented in the future.
- Coordinate acceptance inspections and associated documentation verifying all work accomplished in accordance with Technical Data, Time Compliance Tech Orders, specifications are met & product is ready for delivery.
- Conduct Process, Product & Special Audits to assess project adherence to customer Task Order PWS and LMCO Command Media.
- Monitor / screen aircraft maintenance (AFTO 781 series) forms documentation entries and Integrated Maintenance Data System (IMDS) for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitor Foreign Object Damage / Debris program (FOD) awareness / control / critical areas.
- Perform Safety of Flight inspections for Red X conditions and In-Process Inspections (IPI).
- Witness aircraft systems operational checks / maintenance operations.
- Recommend process improvement initiatives.
- Perform Program Evaluation Reporting (PER).
- Investigate aircraft incidents / lost tools / customer complaints, issue Corrective Action / Preventive Actions (CAPA) and follow-up as required.
- Generate / follow-up on all Corrective Action Requests (CARs), internal and customer generated.
- Review Customer (USAF) policies and Technical Data changes / Quality Flashes / One Time Inspections (OTI).
- Approve / validate condition tags.
- Perform Key Task Listing (KTL) inspections.
- Research, assist, validate and submit Air Force Form 22’s submissions for Tech Data (Job Guide) changes.
- Perform personnel over-the-shoulder evaluations.
- Investigate aircraft (significant) incidents.
- Directly interface with USG/DoD Customer, DCMA, QAE and QAS.
- Validate / process QAE Performance Assessment reports and QAS inspections.
- Perform pre-closure inspections.
- Verify carryover items and deferred maintenance are properly handled and held to a minimum.
- Assist with Task Order Proposals requirements - Assist with development of Basis of Estimates (BOE’s) - Actively participate in Integrated Product Teams (IPT’s) /Program Management Reviews (PMR’s)/Configuration Control Boards (CCB’s) and Design Reviews
- Three (3) years of experience with Quality Inspections.
- C130 series aircraft structures/mechanical/avionics modification and/or maintenance experience.
- Eight (8) years military aircraft mechanical/avionics application.
- Read / interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, maintenance instructions and use test measurement and calibrated tools.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with company management and customers regarding quality issues and concerns.
– Ability to work independently and perform duties satisfactorily with minimal direction or management oversight
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications to include Email, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as a minimum.
- Willing to work any shift and weekends as required. Focus area will be Fixed Wing Development programs, but will also work AC130J modification, C-130 Isochronal Maintenance and CV-22 Maintenance programs at Hurlburt Field (Fort Walton, FL) and Crestview, FL.
- MUST BE WILLING to travel at least 50-75% of the time (domestic and international).
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering degree preferred (or four year degree from accredited college)
- Capable of inspecting hydraulic, power plant, flight control, pneumatic, fuels, emergency systems, structural maintenance / repairs on sub-assemblies / major assemblies on all aircraft and in back shops.
- Fabrication / Manufacturing / Aircraft Modification Kit Installation experience a plus.
- AS9100 Internal Auditor trained
- Experience in Supplier Quality.
- Weight and Balance experience.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS8806 MISSILES AND FIRE CTRL (S0806)
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: QA/Test and Inspection
Clearance Level: Secret
Type: Task Order/IDIQ
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week