Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
District of Columbia
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented IT Operations Support Services (OSS) SME to begin an exciting and challenging career.
The candidate shall provide technical ability in supporting the OSS task within the JSP infrastructure. The OSS Task is to facilitate and automate the Operations, Administration, Maintenance, and Provisioning (OAM&P) activities for JSP using commercial best practices and industry technologies, standards, and frameworks. In short, the OSS task area is the focal point for the modernization of the IT infrastructure that the JSP PSS contract is operating and maintaining.
This position is for a motivated IT professional because it requires intellectual curiosity as well as career experience that proves technical ability in the architecture, deployment, and sustainment of applications. Successful delivery of this position’s expectations requires someone with strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical subjects to non-expert, technical managers.Requirements
Bachelor's in Science degree in Computer Engineering, computer information systems, telecommunications, or management information systems, and 12 years overall experience relevant to this position or equivalent.
An ideal candidate would possess:
• Five years of experience in computer system engineering; hardware and software analysis, system integration, and system maintenance
• With a minimum of three years of work related experience in the following computer related areas: Networks, Servers, and systems management; Public Key Infrastructure, IT customer support; computer server and workstation installation, diagnosis and repair; technical writing; computer security; knowledge management; database administration, design and management; system maintenance; information technology project management; Information System Testing
• Knowledge of a range of current information technologies, computing platforms, and network systems, such as: cloud computing, blade server, unified communications, collaboration tools, cryptographic systems, social networks tools, enterprise services bus
• Experience securing Operating Systems to comply with DISA STIGs. The Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) are the configuration standards for DOD Information Assurance (IA) and IA-enabled devices/systems
• Network experience configuring and maintaining desktop firewalls
• Experience configuring security policies to protect system applications.
Required Security Certification to Apply:
This position requires an active certification in ONE (or more) of the following: CCNA Security, Security+ ce, GSEC, SSCP, GIC SP, CASP +ce, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.