- Military veterans preferred
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
The Crane Operator is responsible for the safe and effective operation of computerized mobile cranes.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Operate mobile crane and move materials to various locations in a safe and effective manner
- Inspect, rig, and ensure that rigging applications are configured in accordance with the load chart and manufacturer guidelines
- Inspect, clean, and perform operator level maintenance on equipment in accordance with standards
- Closely interact with the customer for movement of materials and equipment
- Perform daily safety checks to ensure equipment is in safe operating condition
- Follow related safety regulations, contract requirements, company policies, and operating procedures
- Complete necessary documentation, reporting, and limited office duties
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of equipment safety, maintenance, and storage
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently in order to understand equipment load charts, prepare written orders, read safety topics, etc.
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
- Minimum five (5) years of verifiable experience operating cranes
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Equipment Operator training and certificate for Telescopic Boom Cranes - Swing Cab (TLL) from National the Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) or other OSHA accredited program
- Ability to obtain, through evaluation, the certification to operate computerized mobile cranes up to eighty (80) tons
- Prefer OCONUS experience operating equipment in an environment with military services, commercial agencies, and host nation elements
- Additional experience/education requirements may be required by contract or assignment
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds, bend, stoop, and work safely around equipment, materials, supplies, and other items to be handled
- Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
More Jobs For Veterans...