Raytheon is looking for an experienced Network Engineer with an active Top Secret clearance to work as part of a collaborative team to support classified networks in our Texas locations around Dallas. The candidate will also be responsible for the unclassified segregation network in Texas sites. There might be occasional travel to Forest, Mississippi.
Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Configure, manage and upgrade existing Cisco Network hardware and software, such as switches, routers, ASA , Next Generation IPS (Firepower)
- Ensure Information Assurance compliance for Network hardware and software and mitigating identified IA vulnerabilities. Remediate IAVAM and DISA STIGS
- Configure Solarwinds software such as Catools, Syslog Server and Kiwi Viewer
- Ensure compliance with security and performance requirements (NISPOM, RMF, DISA STIGs, NIST, etc.)
- Assure a high level of reliability and performance through systems monitoring and infrastructure management
The ideal candidate is organized, able to work well with others, able to work under time constrains, able to multi-task and prioritize work, be able to work independently as well as a member of a team, and have good problem solving skills. The candidate’s work will be performed under general direction. The candidate will frequently interact with inter-organizational contacts representing the IT Program Execution organization in the support of SAS engineering end-user community.
- Must have strong background with LAN, WAN, Routers, Switches, and other network hardware.
- 4 years of related experience to network engineering
- Experience with Type-1 HAIPE Encryptors, VPN technologies and protocols IPSec, GRE, L2TP, DMVPN, etc.
- In-depth experience implementing IDS/IPS, host-based security and integrating firewall appliances, including DMZ design and ACL implementation
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources
- Security+ certification, Cisco CCNA certification. CCNP highly desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- U.S. Citizen with Active DoD Top Secret clearance
- Demonstrates firewall, access control list knowledge, and IP address management
- Experience with TACACS/Radius authentication software based configuration
- Experience with vulnerability scanning and threat mitigation technologies
- Experience with ACAS, SCAP, CMRS
- Experience with NISPOM/STIG or PCI security
- Experience with SolarWinds, Visio, SNMP-based network management
- Critical Thinking - ability to solve technical problems independently and in collaborative teams
- Experience with installation and support manufacturing systems/applications
- ITIL Foundations v3
Minimum Education Required:
- Requires a bachelors degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.