Raytheon Company Space and Airborne Systems business unit is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Digital and Embedded design engineer and architect to work on Electro Optical control and processing electronics product development for defense applications. The position will be located in Goleta, California.
The candidate is responsible for developing unit, module, and/or SoC level requirements derived from system level requirements, developing associated architectures, implementing design, performing analysis and testing of the SoC, module, and/or unit in a laboratory setting. He/she will be familiar with latest technology trend in the area of microprocessor, memory, FPGA and interface protocols. The candidate will work in the product development and test team environment with system, mechanical, and electrical engineers. This position may require occasional business related travel.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in FPGA/embedded design and testing, or 4 years with a related Master’s degree
- Hands-on experience in testing of products using logic analyzer, high-speed oscilloscopes, signal generators, and SoC debugging tools
- Experience with interfaces and bus standards such as: VME, PCI, PCIe, VPX, USB, and Gb Ethernet
- Experience designing with Xilinx, Microsemi and/or Altera FPGAs
- Knowledge of SoC design implementation with hardware and software design language
- Possess skills to handle fast pace and dynamic product development environment
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Clearance required day 1 AND role requires access to US only data
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Business Unit Profile:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer or Electrical Studies
Located between the Mountains and the Ocean in Sunny Santa Barbara, CA, Raytheon Vision Systems is the Industry Leader in Visible and Infra-Red Sensor Circuits with the largest array formats, smallest pixels, lowest noise, and highest dynamic range performance. In addition to sensors we provide advanced system electronics and algorithms to address next generation sensor designs.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.