The Marine Corps Logistics Services (P&MCLS) program is based in Jacksonville, Florida. We provide maintenance and logistics services to the U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) and U.S. Navy.
We are seeking a Corrosion Control Technician for our Jacksonville, Florida location.
Performs duties involved with setting up, operating, and performing preventative maintenance on complete stationary and portable sandblasting equipment and machines used for cleaning metal and nonmetal surfaces. Performs duties involving the application of coating materials (ie.,paint, varnish, lacquer, shellac, etc.), on wood, metal, glass, concrete and other surfaces, using brushes, rollers, spray guns, and other related methods and techniques. Provides technical assistance, guidance, or training to lower level painters and assists higher level painters. Performs other tasks as assigned. Second or Second Shift.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Eight years directly related work experience.
- Complete the Vehicle Body Repair Course or equivalent.
- Apprenticeship as a painter/sandblaster is preferred.
- Must possess a valid State motor vehicle operator license.
- Working knowledge of the operating and preventative maintenance features of sandblasting equipment and machines, cleaning characteristics of metals and nonmetals, cutting or abrasive quality of a variety of sand-like abrasives, and the optimum air pressures with specific abrasives to obtain desired finish without damage to work pieces.
- Ability and skill to position and hold work pieces and blasting nozzles, and perform blasting operations and procedures in a safe manner.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, SPCC, and EPA regulations concerning sandblasting procedures and the use and disposal of sandblast materials.
- Complete the Small Boat Preservation Course, or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of standard surface preparation and coating methods and techniques.
- Apprenticeship as a painter in a shipyard environment.
- Working knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Steel Structures Painting Council (SSPC) standards, National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) standards, and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations concerning painting.
- Medically and physically capable of wearing a respirator.
- Able to climb ladders, work in confined spaces, in extremely high or low temperatures and at heights.
- Able to lift 50 pounds unaided.
- Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
- U.S. Citizen, ability to obtain and maintain CAC card and base access.
Job: Logistics Engineering
Primary Location: US-US-FL-Jacksonville
Req ID: 1082765