The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint United States and Canadian radar system that includes 47 radar sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaska border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America's polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD).
Raytheon will provide Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the NWS system including full care, custody, and control of the entire NWS and its components. This includes 47 radar sites; five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a radar depot. Key activities include radar, equipment and facilities maintenance/repair; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control.
Raytheon seeks a Quality/Mission Assurance Specialist to support the NWS program; the position is located in North Bay, Ontario. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Support the preparation, maintenance and implementation of the NWS Quality Management Plan
• Supports the management of program deliverables, plans, policies, and procedures using SharePoint and Q-Pulse.
• Uses the Government Supplied software Quality program SeeSOR and update, develop and review quality plans/check-lists to measure performance against the established performance criteria within the contract’s Statement of Work (SOW)
• Conducts and supports internal/external audits to ensure compliance/conformance to ISO 9001:2015 Quality and ISO 14001:2015 Environmental
• Supports analysis of reports and results of audits to identify potential problem areas and areas of concern
• Submits timely audit reports and analysis of findings
• Supports the management of Corrective Actions and Preventive Actions in support of the NWS Quality Management Plan and ISO requirements to address and prevent non-conformances
• Supports quality training of staff, may assist in directing work, assigning and outlining tasks
• Performs a wide variety of administrative tasks in support of the business
• Generates charts, tables, memoranda, reports, correspondence and other materials with speed and accuracy
• Liaises with internal and external customers
• Pays close attention to detail and checks work accuracy
• Able to occasionally travel, via fixed-wing and helicopter, to remote work locations which are in the Canadian Arctic
• Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Knowledge:
• Post-Secondary diploma, degree or combination of experience/qualifications in a related field (technical background)
• Qualified and experienced ISO Lead Auditor
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working in an organization with a documented Quality Management System
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Strong customer service and detail oriented
• Good interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal)
• Team player, self-starter, results oriented, motivated and able to work independently
• Hold a valid driver’s license, class “G”
• Must complete a criminal reference check and have or be eligible to obtain Level II (Secret) security clearance through the Canadian Government
• Must be able to support inspections, task verification and validation at remote work locations in the Canadian Artic via travel by fixed-wing and helicopter. Must be able to execute support within provided living environment.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certification – CQA, CQE is an asset
• First Aid or Wilderness First Aid certification is an asset
• Knowledge of SharePoint and intranet design is an asset
• Experience working in geographically dispersed organizations
• Cultural awareness, sensitivity and an understanding of work in the Canadian Arctic
Raytheon Canada Limited is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Raytheon is committed to providing long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.
NWS promotes employment equity as part of the Legislated Employment Equity Program and encourages those who are: a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority to apply. Individuals contacted for a job opportunity should advise the company of any accommodation measures needed in a timely manner.
Successful completion of security clearances are required by candidate prior to starting on the program. Candidate must complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a level as required for the position through the Canadian Government.