The Electronic Warfare (EW) Electronic Protect (EP) Systems Department within our Space and Airborne Systems SEIT (Systems Engineering, Integration and Test) Center requires a Senior / LEAD Systems Engineer who is committed and passionate about EW solutions. Our department supports development, deployment and sustainment of Electronic Support (ES), Electronic Protect (EP) and Electronic Attack (EA) capabilities and products. We innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. We march towards a simple vision – ownership for cost effective, high quality and on-time products. #OwnTheSpectrum
Electronic Warfare Systems – Products line; News; Videos:
- Work side by side with industry recognized technical leaders and within multidisciplinary teams to develop and implement world class solutions.
- Develop top level system architectures and requirements for situational awareness and countermeasure technologies.
- Conduct system design performance assessments through Modeling, Simulation and Analysis across a variety of challenging problem spaces.
- Partner with multiple engineering disciplines in design and development of algorithms, trade studies, and product concepts and designs.
- Develop and execute test methodologies both in laboratory and field environments for demonstration and/or requirement sell-off.
- Lead the engineering team developing key defensive systems for state of the art airborne vehicles.
Join our EWS Talent Community :
- Department of +100 engineers supporting 2 mission areas across 7 national locations supporting products deployed across the globe.
- Educational assistance and development programs to support career roadmaps as a leader or technical contributor.
- Employee Resource Groups, community outreach programs for personal growth and development
- Cultural hub, population 32K+, that includes pristine beaches, award-winning wineries, health care excellence and historic venues.
- Year-round 70° climate, cultural festivals and events, scenic trails, drives and views throughout Santa Barbara community.
- Minimum 10 years related engineering experience in EW or Radar programs, including Lab and Test experience; prior leadership experience is required.
- Experience in the design, performance, and operational utility of EW and/or Radar systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to interface with senior level executives and customers.
- Ability to effectively lead teams of technical experts to resolve challenging technical problems.
- Experience in new business development for advanced technology, including direct customer interface and a familiarity with the DoD Science and Technology community.
- Occasional business travel is required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with Active (or active within past 24 months) DoD Secret Clearance.
- Previous experience in working on US Navy programs.
- Experience in EW Systems Engineering related to digital signal processing, waveform development, and receiver-exciter architectures.
- Knowledge of Electronic Warfare/RF/Microwave principles and system and subsystem-level analysis methodologies.
- Familiarity with requirements management and tracking tools such as Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS).
- Experience with testing and troubleshooting of subsystems containing software and/or firmware.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline.
Desired Education :
Key Words:Systems Engineering (SE), Electronic Warfare (EW), RF Engineering, Integration and Test (I&T), Requirements Management, DOORS, Operational Analysis (OA), Integrated Product Team Lead, #OwnTheSprectrum
- Master’s / Ph.D degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.