Job Description: Seeking a program management/planning professional to join the Program Planning & Scheduling Department within Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) for the Phalanx program in Louisville. This position will be a member of the Program Management Excellence organization, supporting the Phalanx program. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, maintenance and analysis of the, Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for Complex programs.
Partners with the program team to ensure the cost, schedule and technical requirements are fully integrated and executed as planned. Provides weekly and monthly planning metrics on schedule status, baseline maintenance, critical path analysis, and schedule variance analysis and network logic validation. Performs Schedule Risk Analysis utilizing statistical software that provides the program team with the probabilities for better decision making in meeting program commitments.
Employs Earned Value Management System processes and is an advocate in the discipline of program planning and scheduling. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance with governmental and customer requirements. Duties will include: creating and maintaining compliant Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) on requirements provided by the customer that achieve necessary cost and schedule integration.
Responsible for guiding the Control Account Manager in planning and budgeting of tasks, to include analyses and reporting that will provide the programs with the visibility to make management decisions to ensure programs meet or exceed schedule commitments. Familiarity with Critical Chain and AGILE SCRUM
Must be able to identify and recommend insightful mitigation plans, to ensure the IMS is used as a predictive model and as a valued management tool for the program. The candidate will incorporate contractual and programmatic changes into the IMS in order to maintain realistic current contract schedule baselines. The weekly and monthly business rhythms will require communication (electronically and verbally) of schedule status including but not limited to, results of critical path analysis, , schedule variance analysis and the results of ‘what if’ exercises to the Program Manager, the customer and potentially to senior management. To be successful in this role the candidate must be able to develop strong relationships with Program Management, Finance, IPTs, CAMs and customer.
* 6+ years of scheduling experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment (preferably aerospace)
* Experience using software designed for creating and maintaining industry related schedules. (MS Project, Primavera, Open Plan, or similar scheduling software)
* Demonstrated experience in conducting Schedule Risk Analysis
* Advanced knowledge in the effective integration and maintenance of technical, schedule and cost in an EVMS environment
* Experience in Accounting, Finance, Program Management, Engineering or Program Planning & Scheduling
* Ability to obtain a security clearance
* Demonstrated experience with Risk and Opportunity Management
* Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or similar certification
* Demonstrated ability to deliver customer focused solutions
* Project Management Professional (PMP)
* Ability to mentor and train
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Business or related field of study
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.