Raytheon IIS is seeking a Cyber Threat Analyst to support Raytheon's DOMino Contract. The successful candidate will be a part of a Cyber Threat Analysis Center (CTAC) Team supporting the customer in cyber-threat hunting and associated investigations of systems developed and implemented to support the customer’s mission. The candidate will be part of a team that will perform cyber-threat hunting with vendors to identify potential cyber-threat activity within their networks/systems. The successful candidate will perform hands-on investigations that require critical thinking and a broad understanding of multiple technologies. The candidate will support development of presentations and reports to document findings, and will require good communication and interpersonal skills to convey findings in the technical proficiency level of the audience.
• Assist in the development and execution of cyber threat-hunting standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Serve as a data analysis expert for output from a wide variety of cyber assessment tools and data analytics
• Assist in analysis tool development, configuration, implementation and use
• Analyze cyber-threat intelligence (e.g. actors, tools, exploits, malware, etc.) and determine TTPs used by threat-actors
• Analyze security events and data feeds for event detection, correlation from monitoring solutions, conduct triage and classify the output using automated systems for further investigation
• Assist in the discovery of cyber vulnerabilities and the investigation of global cyber security incidents, as required
• Develop cyber protection improvement recommendations that support the remediation and protection of systems
• Analyze and report on cyber-threats based on assessment and all-source intelligence
• Translate analytical findings into security “use cases” that can be implemented within available surveillance capabilities
• Provide detailed and accurate technical reporting of analysis results in the form of PowerPoint presentations and/or Word documents, as well as oral briefings on complex technical subjects attuned to senior management, technical, or non-technical audiences
• Current Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility. Must be able to obtain DHS suitability prior to starting employment
• Practical knowledge of high-level scripting/programming language (e.g. Python, Perl, PowerShell, etc.) to extract, de-obfuscate, or otherwise manipulate malware-related data
• Proficient with forensic analysis tools and techniques to identify malware technical indicators of compromise and perform triage
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and critical thinking abilities
• Capable of working independently and within teams to solve complex problems
• Able to work across multiple organizations, cultures and service providers to pull together actionable information and management information
• Practical knowledge of Splunk policies, filters and rules to improve event analysis and data correlation
• Experience with penetration testing, incident response, malware analysis, reverse engineering, or other similar work experience
• Knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux Operating Systems
• Ability to perform analysis of network traffic and protocols
•One or more current certifications equivalent to Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), SANS GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN), SANS GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), SANS GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAP), SANS GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA).
•Background or experience in digital forensics is a plus
Required Education (including Major):
•BA/BS in related field with 8 years of experience in a related field OR a Masters degree with 6 years of experience. Professional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.