Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Dulles? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our facility in Dulles VA offers amenities that create work and life balance. The Dulles site includes 4 modern facilities with 3 industrial buildings. On site we have a fitness center plus a fun space with a pool table, foosball and video games. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Raytheon!
We are a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view:
Raytheon is looking for a systems engineer with experience in design, development, and integration of large-scale GEOINT ground systems including a broad knowledge of GEOINT ground architectures, concept of operations, requirements and operations. Candidate must possess influential leadership skills to guide teams composed of program technical experts. The candidate will help lead both intra-program integration of frameworks with third party applications as well integration with the other programs within the GEOINT enterprise including training and transition of the system to Operations.
This position requires a US Government SSBI clearance investigation < 5 years ago
- Participate in the definition of enterprise test content, schedules, and execution
- Provide technical impact assessments to customer Requests For Change (RFCs)
- Develop and effectively present briefing material to senior Raytheon leaders and customer
- Manage schedules and changes to ensure personnel have up to date and accurate information
- Support the development of complex GEOINT Integration and Validation plans
- Lead team on large projects or significant segment of large complex projects, producing upgrades, as directed by the Government.
- Analyze new and complex project related problems and create innovative solutions involving scheduling, methodology, and external support.
- Support Government customer to establish long- and short-range plans and objectives for release production, including candidate change prioritization and selection, systems integration, lab maintenance, and other related activities.
- Manage IPT resources and subsequent performance reporting of each area, including CAM duties, EVM performance, and IMS tasks.
- Support the Government’s risk management processes, including risk identification and mitigation.
- Prepare and maintain CDRLs, as required.
- Interact with external community on requests for pursuit development, platform advocacy and contractual improvements, as well as CONOPs and requirements for future changes in conjunction with program leadership.
- Oversee plans, process development, and compliance IAW with Customer direction and the PWS.
- Ensure accurate flow-down of Systems Engineering Approach and Integration, Verification and Validation approach across the IPT.
- Perform systems engineering activities in support of on-going programs
- Work with external industry and Govt. stakeholders in the resolution of engineering systems issues
- Develop and maintain requirements for systems and subsystems
- Prepare for and conduct design reviews
- Work in an IPT in the development of defense equipment and products
- Work within and coordinate systems engineering activities across the customer, supplier and internal IPT
- Ten (10+) years demonstrated experience in systems engineering, software engineering or related engineering discipline;
- Experience with following systems engineering functions:
-Requirements development and management
-Interface definition and control
-Integration and test to include test planning and procedure development
- 6+ years of engineering management experience with demonstrated engineering leadership
- Demonstrated self-starter – proactive in determining goals and objectives and pursuing the necessary course of action.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with all levels of the organization, including government customers, contractors, and program PMO/IPTs/CPTs;
- Demonstrated understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle in support of software development, avionics systems development or sustainment activities;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
Validated TSSCI clearances are eligible for sign on bonus amounts up to $40,000.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint;
- US Government SSBI clearance investigation < 5 years ago
- Demonstrated experience working directly with the GEOINT customer
- Professionally represent Raytheon in external forums and customer reviews
- Operate with minimal oversight and direction by management
- Experience with requirements management using DOORS or similar requirements management tool
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle models (waterfall and Agile) and program lifecycle modes
- Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead/managed a multi-disciplinary project/team
- Six Sigma Certification
- Program Management Leadership Level 6 certified, at a minimum
- Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 10+ years relevant experience.
- MS in STEM field with 8+ years of relevant experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.