U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Who we are
BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit.
Located in Arlington, VA, our Information Exploitation group is seeking a Staff Scientist with software research interests. Our world-class team works with a broad range of Government agencies to solve problems that are both technically challenging and have a real operational impact. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in Java development with some experience or interest in machine reasoning, semantic web technologies, data analytics, or artificial intelligence technologies.
What you will do?
Our research work applies the above technologies to build both prototype and real operational systems. You will be working on challenging problems including:
• Producing sophisticated software in a fast-paced agile environment;
• Developing mission-critical applications for deployment into global enterprise operations;
• Optimizing software for knowledge representation, storage, and query systems for high performance.
• Designing novel machine reasoning and learning algorithms and solutions to complex, open-ended intelligence problems.
What you will need
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent discipline and 2 years of experience; or MS in Computer Science or equivalent discipline and 0 years of experience.
• Proficiency in Java and the Java-based development ecosystem.
• US citizenship is required
Other skills that would be awesome
• 2-3 years of related research experience in one of the technical areas mentioned above.
• Experience with Web application development.
• Familiarity with modern software configuration management tools such as Docker, Gradle, Ivy, etc.
• Current US Government security clearance is desired
We offer outstanding benefits that include flexible work schedules, a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, paid parental leave, paid time off, and many other employee discountsd.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.