At Raytheon we regard the security of our employees, its assets, tangible and intangible, to be of primary importance to our continued growth, profitability and success. The establishment of security controls and procedures is essential for the protection of employees, the preservation of assets, and the effective enforcement of rules and regulations.
The Manager I Investigations is a business unit counterintelligence and investigative position in the RTN-Missile Systems (RMS) Global Security Services (GSS) organization. This CI team member will be key to making improvements of processes, systems or procedures to enhance performance of the overall CI and Insider Threat programs. Develops and implements cost-effective proactive security (CI) programs with emphasis on compliance with U.S. Government laws, regulations and internal company policies. Ensure CI services are extended to all RMS internal entities throughout the business and integrated with the development of corporate GSS CI objectives.
The specific duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Required Education (including Major):
- Conducts methodical detailed investigations into violations of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) to determine probability of compromise, loss or suspected loss of classified information, and reports findings for leadership to implement corrective actions to prevent a recurrence.
- Conducts investigations capable of withstanding judicial and administrative scrutiny into noncompliance with company policies and procedures, company ethics policies and violations of the law.
- Conducts interviews, applies the rules of evidence, and coordinate forensic audits of company activities to determine adherence to the company’s policies, procedures, and ethics guidelines.
- Collaborate with Human Resources and Ethics to ensure disciplinary actions are reported and escalation of disciplinary actions are documented into the case management system.
- Investigates, inputs and maintains adverse information related to personnel holding or in the process of obtaining a security clearance, and submits required reports to DSS & DOD CAF via JPAS.
- Documents, monitors and enters investigative leads for Insider Threat anomalies within the case management database.
- Prepares and submits accurate and complete written reports and executive summaries of the investigations to appropriate company personnel and U.S. government agencies.
- Coordinates with U.S. government agencies to obtain rulings, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations. Develops and maintains liaison with appropriate U.S. government and private sector agencies and organizations of benefit to the security interests and business development of the company.
- Provides operational support for a range of CI and insider threat activities, to include supporting Risk Assessments, Vulnerability Assessments, Threat Assessments, Route Assessments, Facility and Residence Assessments, tailored CI and foreign travel briefings and debriefings, country specific threat briefings and debriefings, OPSEC plans development, and threat awareness training.
- Actively participates during DSS CI Vulnerability Assessments. As appropriate, advises and briefs RMS leadership on threats affecting RMS operations and Global Growth initiatives to influence positive security solutions, behaviors and action.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree with preferred majors in Information Systems, International Security, Criminal Justice Administration, Threat Management or other related discipline
Desired Education Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 6 years of directly related professional experience is required
- Ability to obtain a final DoD Secret Clearance
- Basic knowledge of the NISPOM and Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide
- Basic knowledge of criminal and employment law, evidence collection, preservation, and documentation
- Interviewing and report writing experience
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a dynamic environment with minimal direction
- Willing to work a flexible schedule that allows for work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- U.S. Citizenship
- Master’s degree with preferred degree majors: Information Systems, International Security, Criminal Justice Administration, Threat Management or other related discipline
- Active Secret clearance
- Prior or current certified law enforcement training/accreditation from a State or Federal law enforcement agency with at least four years’ experience in Law Enforcement.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.