Financial Analyst I
Financial Analyst I
Applicant will be primarily responsible for Program Planning and Control for various contract types and sizes. Responsibilities include:
- Analyze cost trends in order to correct errors and provide forward guidance to maximize revenue and profit and minimize cost variances.
- Develop and control baselines and budgets.
- Monitor schedule/milestones to facilitate estimates to complete and process scope changes.
- Prepare and deliver customer report deliverables per the contract terms and conditions.
- Analyze/modify cost estimates and re-baseline programs as the need is identified.
- Prepare forecasts using program resource estimates with appropriately applied rates and factors.
- Develop price/cost estimates utilizing complex pricing concepts and applications.
- Application of FAR, CAS and government accounting standards.
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), perform maintenance and charge number control.
- Perform complex accounting and analytical tasks, including transaction processing, account reconciliation and analysis.
- Analyze program funding requirements and track subcontractor costs & fee.
- Develop presentations and reports for internal and external customers.
- Track, trend, forecast and analyze subcontractor and vendor invoices.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer focus during frequent interaction with internal and external customers.
- Lead process improvement initiatives within the Finance group.
- Coordinate and lead cross functional teams to establish decision options.
- Recognize need and provide mentoring and training.
- Develop and carry out long- and short-term objectives and balance multiple priorities.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve complex problems independently.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree and 4 years of related experience.
- Skilled in program management concepts (budgets, estimate to complete, project schedules, etc.).
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Highly advanced Excel skills.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with standard government agency reporting requirements (NASA, DOD).
- Understanding of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) reporting.
- Proficiency in use of Costpoint, COBRA, COGNOS.
- Six Sigma/Greenbelt certification.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Project Controls Management
Primary Location: US-US-MD-Columbia
Req ID: 1083369